Gibson Brands Forums

AmplifiedParts.com

ArchtopBill

Hi All,

I am planning on ordering (hopefully tonight) a 57 Classic and a 57 Classic Plus to upgrade my Broadway. Most of the usual online retailers sell these for $159 and $169 respectively. AmplifiedParts.com has them for $107 and $120. I am just nervous that these are knock offs and not genuine Gibson. On some of the listings for Gibson pickups, they list is identified as "Gibson®" and for this those pup's the prices seem closer to everyone else. The ® is missing after the 57 Classic and Classic Plus and the verbiage just sounds like they are intentionally vague.

Anyone have experience with this site?

Thanks!

Yes, I bought a set of tubes, 7 in all from them in July for an old Peavey C30 I was going through. They had all the versions I wanted where several other sites did not carry them on hand.

The prices were good and I got prompt free delivery. Real happy with that order. Would use Amplified Parts again if needed.

I don't know the answer to your p/u question, but I would ask them if the p/u's carry the full Gibson warranty......think it's 2 years to original owner on p/u's.

I recently replaced the Epi p/u on my Epi Zephyr Regent with a SD SH-1 '59 and am very pleased, but that was only done because the Epi p/u was bad and not just to change it out in hopes of greater improvement.

I purchased mine and had work done through my luthier so no worries about quality and warranty that way for me.......and cost was a little less than you are talking about.

There is a lot of discussion on that subject on this thread.....some of it might apply to your question, especially the more recent responses......

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/51004-epiphone-zephyr-regent-change-pickup-to-57-classic/

I have a lot of PAF's, various brands and models, and definitely would not get '57's. I sold the two sets I had. If you want to go with Gibsons, Burstbuckers (not BBP's) are much better-sounding. One of the best PAF's made today, and one of the most authentic, are Duncan's Seth Lovers (the guy who worked for Gibson in the 1950's and created the first humbuckers. In his later years, Seth Lover worked with Seymour Duncan to make the Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover pickup). Seth's are significantly better-sounding than '57's, and cost less.

Well we just chatted about these guys the other day.

What do you know, I just got an email from them (previous buyer here) saying they have a 10% off sale (on everything if I read it correctly) good until the end of the month.

The discount code is "FALL10"

Now you can get those p/u's or tubes you have been wanting for a little less.

I bought a full set of tubes for my Peavey C30 from these guys as they have all the variations I wanted in stock. (see the Peavey forum if interested in C30 recommendations)

Fast shipping too.

Don't snooze on this one........

Amplified parts.com is a brick and mortar store in Tempe, Az. They sell brand names, and don't do knockoffs. Every year they have a guitar festival in town and usually have either Fender or Gretsch there too, as Scottsdale (corporate HQ ) is just on the other side of the river. Good guys, good products, and great service.

If you are into tube amps or pedals, take a look at the Mod kits. They are a lot of fun to put together.

I have a lot of PAF's, various brands and models, and definitely would not get '57's. I sold the two sets I had. If you want to go with Gibsons, Burstbuckers (not BBP's) are much better-sounding. One of the best PAF's made today, and one of the most authentic, are Duncan's Seth Lovers (the guy who worked for Gibson in the 1950's and created the first humbuckers. In his later years, Seth Lover worked with Seymour Duncan to make the Duncan SH-55 Seth Lover pickup). Seth's are significantly better-sounding than '57's, and cost less.

What a person hears is subjective and not definite. What sounds like crap to one person may be the total opposite to someone else.

What a person hears is subjective and not definite. What sounds like crap to one person may be the total opposite to someone else.

I actually like the 57 Classics but i think you could get the same tone for a lot less if you look around though. With the Gibby pups a lot of the price is in the name.

I actually like the 57 Classics but i think you could get the same tone for a lot less if you look around though. With the Gibby pups a lot of the price is in the name.

Aftermarket Gibson humbuckers's are up in the price range of boutique PU's. You can get better-sounding PU's for the same money, or for less money. It's all that these guys do, it's their passion, their life. They wouldn't even be in business if they couldn't beat the stock PU's on guitars, and many of them have been around for decades. Remember, Gibson's a guitar maker that makes PU's on the side. They don't have the same focus as a company that only makes PU's.

Aftermarket Gibson humbuckers's are up in the price range of boutique PU's. You can get better-sounding PU's for the same money, or for less money. It's all that these guys do, it's their passion, their life. They wouldn't even be in business if they couldn't beat the stock PU's on guitars, and many of them have been around for decades. Remember, Gibson's a guitar maker that makes PU's on the side. They don't have the same focus as a company that only makes PU's.

I'd say I agree with all that. Pickup sales are probably the last thing they worry about. I happened to be browsing through pups the other day and was astounded be the price Gibsons were going for. No way I'd pay aftermarket price for them, not with all the companies that, like you said, make them for a living and offer many more options.

I'd say I agree with all that. Pickup sales are probably the last thing they worry about. I happened to be browsing through pups the other day and was astounded be the price Gibsons were going for. No way I'd pay aftermarket price for them, not with all the companies that, like you said, make them for a living and offer many more options.

Price aside, I just finished my upgrade: 57 Classic and 57 Classic + along with CTS pots and new capacitors. Wow! The tones and "diction" are exactly what I was looking for. It is a huge improvement over the stock Broadway. The guitar is less noisy as well.

There are lots of great pick up and in so many price ranges to choose from. Initially I was going to go through with DiMarzio and then came real close to going the economic route of StewMac's Parson Street. I really do not think I could be happier with how this project turned.

Price aside, I just finished my upgrade: 57 Classic and 57 Classic + along with CTS pots and new capacitors. Wow! The tones and "diction" are exactly what I was looking for. It is a huge improvement over the stock Broadway. The guitar is less noisy as well.

There are lots of great pick up and in so many price ranges to choose from. Initially I was going to go through with DiMarzio and then came real close to going the economic route of StewMac's Parson Street. I really do not think I could be happier with how this project turned.

[thumbup] Awesome! [thumbup] Glad it turned out like you wanted. As far as price goes, that's just my opinion and I've never been accused of being a genius. [biggrin] I do like the 57's but just could never see myself buying them on purpose. I am glad my LP has them though.

Archived