Gibson Brands Forums

Finally got my hands on it!! New Les Paul

Toogy

After staring at the box for two weeks all wrapped up and under the tree........

I finally got to touch my Les Paul!!! Wow! it's awesome!! I love it! It's a 2008 Standard Faded in Honeyburst finish. Here are a few pics of me touching it for the first time!

gib1.jpg

gib2.jpg

gib3.jpg

gib4.jpg

gib5.jpg

Here is a pic of it on the wall beside it's new brother! They look pretty good together don't they?

gib6.jpg

:dude:

Congratulations Great looking guitar, dont know how you managed to leave her untouched... I would have been over her everytime I was alone at home... (eventually leaving the box under the tree and secretly keeping the guitar)... :)

A piece of advice... I see you are haning her on the wall... beware of the hanger thing damaging your guitar's finish.

A piece of advice... I see you are haning her on the wall... beware of the hanger thing damaging your guitar's finish.

I thought it was only rubber that I had to worry about? these hangers have foam on them? Should I wrap them in something?

Sweet axe Toogulator! Congrats! What a sweet lady to help you get hooked on Gibson wood! :) What are you plugging her in to? The guitar I mean... The guitar!

I currently just have an old Fender Performer 1000 Hybrid Tube Amp. It has a tube in the pre-amp section, it sounds ok, but nothing like a real tube amp. I plan to get something else in the near future.

I thought it was only rubber that I had to worry about? these hangers have foam on them? Should I wrap them in something?

I think so, unless the product was detailed as "nitro friendly" or something of the like... Those wall hanging devices will damage even non nitro finishes if over-used... I learned that the hard way (by damaging a friends guitar :) ).

I think it will be safer to wrap them up, I keep most of my guitars in their cases so I couldnt tell you what to use (maybe cotton?), AXE does this to his stands so maybe he can help you with what to use and what not to.

Archived