Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bouke

Mapping for Mixxx

I know the SCS.4DJ is designed to have the good time without an external mixer or laptop. I've done many gigs without them. However, last weekend I needed to do a gig where a larger library was needed: over 23k songs (and noooo I didn't play them all, but as the party peoples age ran from 3 to 103, I just wanted to make sure I got everything I could possibly need).

I was looking for a cheap solution and found the opensource Mixxx software was quite suitable for me to run songs from this huge library. I also wanted my trusty SCS.4DJ to contol my laptop.

So I started making a mapping for the SCS.4DJ. It turns out to be quite easy - however, I also wanted a two way communication (so use the leds in the SCS.4DJ to show the current setting in Mixxx). I still need to finetune some stuff, but last weekend was quite succesful!

So here is my question: does anyone else would like to have this map? If yes, I'll share the files - if not, okay, no problem :-).

Cheers,

Bouke

I know the SCS.4DJ is designed to have the good time without an external mixer or laptop. I've done many gigs without them. However, last weekend I needed to do a gig where a larger library was needed: over 23k songs (and noooo I didn't play them all, but as the party peoples age ran from 3 to 103, I just wanted to make sure I got everything I could possibly need).

I was looking for a cheap solution and found the opensource Mixxx software was quite suitable for me to run songs from this huge library. I also wanted my trusty SCS.4DJ to contol my laptop.

So I started making a mapping for the SCS.4DJ. It turns out to be quite easy - however, I also wanted a two way communication (so use the leds in the SCS.4DJ to show the current setting in Mixxx). I still need to finetune some stuff, but last weekend was quite succesful!

So here is my question: does anyone else would like to have this map? If yes, I'll share the files - if not, okay, no problem :-).

Cheers,

Bouke

Yes, that would be great! Thanks for your time bouke.

Any progress on this ?

Would love to connect my SCS.4DJ to Mixxx

it's possible. all LEDS are mappable. i didn't like the built in stuff for virtual dj, so i wrote my own mapper. for 7.0 and below i got a one written in generic midi, but haven't found the codes for the LEDS, but for 7.2 and up there's built in support that shows you all the keywords to control the LED's(those key words will not work on 7.0 and below) when you view the mapper in the virtual dj's settings. so yeah it's possible to get those LED's mapped to do whatever you want. just need to find out how Mixxx is interpretting those codes, so we can put them to work.

if you want you can just do what i did. when i wrote the virtual dj 7.0 SCS.4DJ mapper i just uploaded to a free site, made a post, dropped a sermon, and shared the link, so i wouldn't have to send it to all the people who wanted it. there was about a 800DOWNLOADS of my mapper since i checked, and it would have driven me nuts to share it manually each and everytime. Here's my post for my free virtual DJ 7.0, and LE versions SCS.4DJ mapper file. http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/108221-free-stanton-scs4dj-to-virtual-dj-mapperfree-mapping-file-by-mtrx/

I recommend writing a post about it, put down instructions on how to use it, and anything special people need to know about it. I also recommend zippyshare.com they have proven to be pretty reliable, and i haven't had to update mirrors in a very long time since i started using them. Thanks for sharing your work. It really helps keep things going when the corporations don't want to take the time to fix things.

i'll probably post my custom mapper for virtual dj 7.2 and up later. I think mines butt loads better than atomix', i rewrote the platter scripts, so my scratch sounds way smoother than the default garbage. if i can afford some Mixxx, maybe i'll write a mapper too, and jump on the project with ya.

Oh dude i recognize this. I had this back in the day when i was running KXstudio, but KXstudio kinda sucked. the installer was flakey, and made some errors i had to fix by hand, it didn't like my dual monitor configuration, so i didn't get to use my big screen, and apps crashed a lot on it, including this one. I liked it, but i couldn't get to run stable under KXstudio, and i don't like linux audio for that reason, it's wonky still, but the app was good. It's nice to see they brought it to winbloze. scanning my library, and loading it up now.

Yup, like Mixxx a lot too. Been using this for almost 2 years now. Must say that version 11 is really stable and works really well

im diggin it, about to start trying to get the SCS.4DJ in on it. wish me luck. ;) [blink]

good scratch algorithm, sounds better than VDJ when i scratch with the mouse, not as much flutter.

i've read elsewhere that VDJ is the worst scratch algorithm on the market, so maybe im just easily impressed, but im in love with the SCS.4DJ built in scratch quality. sounds pretty realistic.