Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Identification

joedirt216

Hi everyone, I may be buying a new Gibson Les Paul, but Im looking for more information on it. It is a 2009, with s/n 025290417, Made in USA, 2009, on the head stock. The truss rod cover does not have "Standard or Custom" on it?? It does have the locking tuners, and also the volume knobs that lift and lower that give the boost? I do own a Les Paul Custom, and also a Gibson ES-335 with trapazoid tail piece, but I have never done any research on the Guitars until now.

Can anyone tell me what model this may be?? I do have photos if I can figure out how to post them. Thanks for your time, and it's great to be part of the Gibson family. Cheers!!

Welcome.

Regarding picture posting - Get an account on a picture hosting website, they're free, like Photobucket - http://wwww.photobucket.com/ - Upload your photos there. Copy the "Direct link" from Photobucket into the "Insert image" tool on the Post editor's toolbar here on the forum. Here's directions - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/11005-sticky-how-to-post-photos/

Post pics of good size - good focus - no angles - well lit - no cut off parts. One straight overhead shot of the whole guitar, a shot of the whole front of the headstock. Additional shots of the back of the headstock and back of the body are sometimes helpful.

It sounds like it is a traditional pro. I did a quick search for LP's of that year and that seams like the only one with with coil splitting. ( push / pull pots). The pics will be helpful though. Looking foward to seeing them.

I really love the tone I get out of this baby, I played it for the whole night at our last gig. I usually switch back and forth between my 1978 Les Paul and my 50th Anniversary Fender Strat Plus, depending on the song, but this Gibson with the push/pull pots gave me a great tone for everything, even the Dwight Yokum country stuff. From AC/DC to Dwight, I loved the tone. I play straight through to a Peavey Classic 50 with 4 x 10 cabinet and a un-attached head. Tube Screamer for the solos.

Thanks for the help everyone, and I will get my other Gibson's on here soon...Rock on!!!

Archived