Gibson Brands Forums

New single - Here in my Arms

Lu Ruello

There was something about the upbeatness that didn't quite jive with the vocals being sort of dark...perhaps the vocals are not sitting well in the mix, the vocals just stick out too much. Dial the vocal down a couple db. Same vocal style but drop the rhythm by 20bpm and it will be a better effect. I do like the parts where the vocals double.

That's con-crit...I don't mean do disrespect, bro.

There was something about the upbeatness that didn't quite jive with the vocals being sort of dark...perhaps the vocals are not sitting well in the mix, the vocals just stick out too much. Dial the vocal down a couple db. Same vocal style but drop the rhythm by 20bpm and it will be a better effect. I do like the parts where the vocals double.

Thanks for your constructive comments Izzy. Dropping the beat by 20 bpm will get me to 120, which will mean the song is gonna run 5 mins+...a bit too long for my liking. I'll shorten the song I think. Yeah, vocal volumes are always tricky for me. I must like the sound of my voice too much LOL Onwards!

Cheers, Lu :)

Spot on girl! I like the song

I listened to both versions. I like the second better. I hear a little Depeshe/Smiths in there. I will say that the song seems to be needing some sort of break somewhere. A key change or a chorus or break down. It can sound a little "one note" after a while. I have this same problem on my own songs.

I listened to both versions. I like the second better. I hear a little Depeshe/Smiths in there. I will say that the song seems to be needing some sort of break somewhere. A key change or a chorus or break down. It can sound a little "one note" after a while. I have this same problem on my own songs.

Thanks for your input Searcy. I get what you're saying. Although key changes seem to always work in songs I hear, I kinda think that trick is a lil overused but yeah a change would add something for sure. Cheers, Lu[thumbup]

Archived