Gibson Brands Forums

What an idiot !

brc

I posted some guitar bodies that I painted on line to sell and one guy responded very quickly

We spoke about the body <new Telecaster body, new paint> and he said the body looked great per all the pictures he received.

Anyway the next day he wanted to buy one of the bodies for the asking price, and after giving him directions he said it would be easier if we met at a store parking lot so he would not get lost. No problem for me as I really did not want him coming to my house, he just sounded strange if you know what I mean

I met him and showed him he body, and he loved it.

I also brought some other items he wanted to buy, so as he was looking at the body, I went to the rear of my Explorer to get the box of parts he wanted to see.

Before I could get the parts box from the back of the car, he had taken the guitar body, laid it on the ground <towel under it than God> and was trying to force his guitar neck into the neck pocket of the new body. He was actually on his knees with both hands pushing down on the neck trying to force it into the pocket.

I yelled at the fool "what the hell are you doing" and he said "it wont fit"

I grabbed it out of his hands and the neck was wedged into the pocket.I tried to remove the neck, but he wedged it in so tight it was unbelievable.I had already seen where he chipped the paint on both sides of the neck pocket by trying to force it.

I asked him if he had ever fit a neck to a new body before and of course he said no.

After I removed the body, he remarked that now the body is chipped, he had to buy new string ferrels, new input jack, new bridge and basically every thing associated with a new build, he offered me 1/2 of the selling price. No other hardware was offered in the sale and he knew it.

I wanted to take that cheap guitar neck of his and beat him over the head with it. I have not been that pissed off in a long time.

Now I have to repair the guitar body as I have already had a couple other inquiries about it

I think I came up with a few new names to call him as I was putting my things back in my Explorer, and Idiot was one of the nicer ones.

Oh, all right Searcy,

You are the mastermind, you be Da Man

How is that banjo project coming along, I would love to have that beauty.

Are you going to post some pictures as you work on it?

Far as the idiot who damaged the new Telecaster body, he actually had the f----g nerve to e-mail me again to see if I would reconsider his offer of 1/2 of the asking price.

Hell, I thought $75.00 for a brand new Telecaster body with a new finish on it was a good deal.

If my hands would some how go through the internet, I would strangle the clown.

I have the repair almost completed already.

I posted some guitar bodies that I painted on line to sell and one guy responded very quickly

We spoke about the body <new Telecaster body, new paint> and he said the body looked great per all the pictures he received.

Anyway the next day he wanted to buy one of the bodies for the asking price, and after giving him directions he said it would be easier if we met at a store parking lot so he would not get lost. No problem for me as I really did not want him coming to my house, he just sounded strange if you know what I mean

I met him and showed him he body, and he loved it.

I also brought some other items he wanted to buy, so as he was looking at the body, I went to the rear of my Explorer to get the box of parts he wanted to see.

Before I could get the parts box from the back of the car, he had taken the guitar body, laid it on the ground <towel under it than God> and was trying to force his guitar neck into the neck pocket of the new body. He was actually on his knees with both hands pushing down on the neck trying to force it into the pocket.

I yelled at the fool "what the hell are you doing" and he said "it wont fit"

I grabbed it out of his hands and the neck was wedged into the pocket.I tried to remove the neck, but he wedged it in so tight it was unbelievable.I had already seen where he chipped the paint on both sides of the neck pocket by trying to force it.

I asked him if he had ever fit a neck to a new body before and of course he said no.

After I removed the body, he remarked that now the body is chipped, he had to buy new string ferrels, new input jack, new bridge and basically every thing associated with a new build, he offered me 1/2 of the selling price. No other hardware was offered in the sale and he knew it.

I wanted to take that cheap guitar neck of his and beat him over the head with it. I have not been that pissed off in a long time.

Now I have to repair the guitar body as I have already had a couple other inquiries about it

I think I came up with a few new names to call him as I was putting my things back in my Explorer, and Idiot was one of the nicer ones.

Man, I think you were too nice to the DB.

Archived