Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG Special HH Dark Cherry

Aster1

Hi Ya'll,

I have a 61' reissue SG but this came across my screen if still available for $400 new. Love that Dark Cherry color. Anyone have or played one of these? I reckon no case at this price for sure but that's okay.

Don't need it but maybe? [rolleyes]

Aster

Hi Ya'll,

I have a 61' reissue SG but this came across my screen if still available for $400 new. Love that Dark Cherry color. Anyone have or played one of these? I reckon no case at this price for sure but that's okay.

Aster

one of what?..I don't see anything.

Hi Ya'll,

Aster

I have an actual 60's vintage SG and my buddy says it plays like butter. (whatever that means) I paid $300 for it back in maybe 71? I know... I know... They are easy to play, not too heavy and sound great. $400 is none of those things. [rolleyes] Good trade for sure unless it has a problem.

Rex

Hi Ya'll,

Aster

Your '61 is going to be much nicer. I wouldn't get that. It also probably has the warn finish.

Looks like it was a GC come-on w/o much inventory available.

Oh well, didn,t really have room in my room for it. But, @$380.00 new, & if it was nice, I would take to my office/store and play it there for stress relief!

Thanks for the comments. [thumbup]

Aster

Damn, I saw that also, went to Guitar Center after work but couldn't find any of them. I wish it had a bridge, I guess ill wait till I pay my G.C. card down and then get a S.G. Standard. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

This is my concern, too. I just wouldn't want any electric guitar that doesn't allow for string-individual intonation adjustment.

Since I haven't seen one in person I didn't notice that HUGE detail either. [thumbdn] Guess things have a way of working out for the best. If I could only have had my 61 in a dark cherry. In fact, I guess it was in the early 70's, almost the ONLY color I ever saw in an SG was that Bing Cherry color. Never had seen a Heritage Cherry color.

Aster

Archived