Gibson Brands Forums

Vivaldi anyone?

daveinspain

One of my favorites - not so much this picker, but the Vivaldi piece.

Interestingly if you've seen the 1972 movie "The Cowboys" that mentions my town a bit, this is the one real bit of music discussed by the boys... Not "whoopie ti yi oh," although I tend to enjoy both.

m

Or, how about what a lady friend of mine does with a batch of Bach.

Her masters is from the Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory... She married a guy from where I live after they met in a Texas country-western style saloon where she'd come to visit to get more of a feel of the real thing.

She can rock out Jerry Lee quite well too... She's some pieces on Youtube...

Nina the last I heard was looking for an agent in the U.S. to set tour(s) for her Ivory Fantasy material.

m

Hello!

I prefer Judas Priest over the Red Priest. (Ok, sorry, it was a weak one).

Seriously: I prefer renaissance over baroque.

But, I don't want to hijack the thread. So here's a Vivaldi piece from the same performer, Dániel Benkő:

Cheers... Bence

I always thought that Rachmaninoff's Prelude Op. 3 No. 2 would make for a great rock tune if done right. It really gets going at 1:41. I love playing this on piano. Someday I'll arrange a multiple guitar part for this.

Wow! You can play that on piano? I'm impressed!

I prefer it on piano, TBH but here's Dan Mumm again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEbPkMfBpBk

[smile]

And Bence! I was going to post some F. Liszt but thought you should have first dibs there...

P.

Hello Pippy!

Thank You for the opportunity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0odaG9qi818

My favorite Liszt opus is the Hungarian Rapsody No. 2 above. Simply, because the music perfectly recaptures what it's title suggests: our national spirit, temperament. The bitter-sweet daydreaming of a glorious past that has been long gone.

Sorry for being...

Cheers... Bence

Wow! You can play that on piano? I'm impressed!

I prefer it on piano, TBH but here's Dan Mumm again...

It's actually not too hard to play on piano compared to something like Rhapsody in Blue. I could play it when I was about 10 years old, but it was several years later before I could play Rhapsody in Blue (Gershwin was just plain nuts).

Dan Mumm's version is pretty cool. I like it.

Archived