Gibson Brands Forums

Righting an age old wrong,

jaxson50

The Washington Redskins are changing their

name because of all the negativity, shame, humiliation, dissent, polarity,

adversity, defiance, hatred, animosity, contempt, discrimination, division,

violence, counter-productivity, ill-spirit, un-Godliness, and hostility

associated with their name.

From now on they will be known simply as the Redskins.

msp_biggrin.gif Just saying

Baahahahahaha,,, I can't believe I didn't see that one coming....

Well done.

All kidding aside...

A reservation area town I know of is named for the tribe on that reservation.

The high school is about half and half tribal members - although you'd never know it from the occasional tribal member that's a blue-eyed blonde but ... that's neither here nor there.

The high school sports teams there are known as the "Redmen." Some non tribal members and non-local residents, apparently "Native Americans" of other tribal backgrounds, made a big deal about it to change the name. The students, school board - and the tribe itself - opposed the change. It ain't happened yet.

As for "Washington," that's a sad commentary. One side floats a proposal they know will need to be tempered and the other side sez it won't negotiate their own proposal they know is anathema to the other side. It's poor governance all around.

BUT - as one who covers local government, I'll suggest that is the way we seem to see the whole culture going.

I don't care for the polarity I see not just at all levels of government, but at all levels of social interaction.

Look, for example, at the bullying of kids at school and on the Internet. We thought bullying was bad when it was a fist or teenage girls' huff-turns away from their less-favored friend; now it's carried worldwide on "social media" the victim cannot escape. It's a sad commentary on the whole culture.

My campaign speech would be:

"If everybody'd get a guitar and do some pickin' and singin' together, maybe you'd realize you can get together on other stuff."

m

Can't say as I blame them. Who wants to be associated with Washington? Heard a news headline the other day that said "Congress' approval rating is at 5%; which begs the question...who are those 5%?" [confused]

Congresspersons, spouses/partners, kids, interns, aides, kickback takers, cave dwellers, and lunatics......yeah, that's 5%

y'got me Jaxson !! didn't see it coming.........

That was a great lead up & delivery!!! As I watched the old Frankenstein movie for hallowine coming I made me remember one age old proven technique that really cleaned up things fast:

Pitchforks & torches. Tar & Feathers ain't a bad recipe either. As a "villager" I would love to see a 10 million man march on Washington and clean them ALL out. Start fresh with people that would cycle in and then back to "being productive" after political service in their chosen work again. 6 yrs in/out no pension/perks. We'd have people that were still connected to the real world and not just living in a created la-la land of favors & corruption for power sake. We've got a Senator that is only in Iowa when he has an election or a steak fry fundraiser for about 38 yrs. His Iowa Address has been a PO box in a small town south of where I live. A PO box. Our other Senator goes home every Friday afternoon to his farm and actually FARMS the land still. But he's been in too damn long too!!!

My biggest problem I'd have is deciding if I was going to carry a torch or the pitchfork? [biggrin]

Aster

As for "Washington," that's a sad commentary. One side floats a proposal they know will need to be tempered and the other side sez it won't negotiate their own proposal they know is anathema to the other side. It's poor governance all around.

I hope I'm not spooning worms out of an open can, but there is no doubt that that law will be amended and spending cuts will be negotiated at some point. Seems that gubment workers' pay checks and US credit will not be held hostage to a rider.

[/quote

That's good, I should have seen that one coming well done.

Archived