Gibson Brands Forums

Best Amp Modeler Available For LP?

Architar

Just got great Les Paul Junior, and love making a big racket around the house through any number of amps, but the wife is about to throw me out. I'm considering an amp modeler (like a Line 6 or Pod) and will use it mostly with a set of headphones, and maybe through amps at a lower volume. I have a Boss Eband unit which has some Roland COSM effects that sound pretty good, but want to expand to a wider range. What do you all like? I'd like to be one the cutting edge sound wise, and don't mind spending money on the right box. Of course, something that will bring out the best in a P-90 is a must. So, are there any boutique type boxes (ie. - ones that have great fidelity) in the manner of the old Line 6 or Pod?

Thanks...I'll check out Line 6. I'm right with you about valves...I have at least 100 those little glass puppies in an array of amps, just begging to get fired up. But alas, short of building my soundproof man cave, this seems a reasonable alternative. Plus, I'll bet there are dozens of great session players who use these for studio work and produce cool tone. Good enough for them, good enough for me.

for modelers in actual AMP style enclosures (in a variety of formats with speaker configs) the Fender Mustangs are pretty hard to out do..

I would START with the Mustang III, the I and II are ok

BUT.. the 3 is a more complete combo (100watts, better speaker and a full LCD for your editing interface)

yea I've had both Line 6 and Vox products.

IMO the Mustang is definitely one I prefer over the others. They got it "right" with these.

and don't look now but Sweetwater is blowing out Mustang IVs for 299 (Version 1)

I'm tempted to buy one just cuz of the price... Already have the MIII...

Archived