Gibson Brands Forums

Muleskinner.....

Murph

A veritable classic from the bluegrass world. Three former bluegrass boys gone hippie + Dawg Grisman and the great Clarence White. Blue Mule is a hoot. The cd version is worth the ride for the opening track, in which White lays down blistering Tele licks on Jimmy Rodger's Muleskinner Blues.

Now I can say I've seen Clarence White.... heard about him for years... never knew who he was or what he did.

That's just one side of his story. He switched to electric and joined the Byrds. A played a Tele equiped with a string bender to get pedal steel effects. Here's a clip

, , but that fiddler is way ahead, isn't he - (talking 'bout what is heard on track 1).

Richard heard Scotty Stoneman play and it changed his life.

Did the same for me.

Yes he is an awesome fiddle player......

Richard heard Scotty Stoneman play and it changed his life.Yes he is an awesome fiddle player......

DId a turn with the Bluegrass Boys but with all those jazz chops, a different directions was called for. For my money, this lineup beats the snot out of any of the so-called 'newgrass' combos.

The first time I saw Clarence White was with the Kentucky Colonels on the Andy Griifith Show when I was a kid. Notice the famouse D-28 Clarence is playing.

So that must be Roland on the mandolin, eh?

Gotta be.....

Archived