Gibson Brands Forums

SG 61 RI

troysgguy

I read a forum stating one of the best things about this guitar is the body is one single piece of wood. I can clearly see 2 pieces. It is a 2012. Was that older models?

Just a side note: Also just wanted to say I have been playing this guitar for about 10 months and have had one minor complaint. The neck is a hair wide. So I starting thing about the 60's tribute I had previously and how the neck was smaller. I was thinking ok I will sell the 61 on ebay and buy the tribute again. Thank God I didn't do that. Not that the 60's tribute is crap, but they are two different guitars. Its a keeper. Don't think I will ever leave my 61RI SG.

I love mine too but it's white so I'm not sure how many pieces. As far as I know all the description/specs have ever said is "solid mahogany..." never "one piece solid mahogany..." Solid mahogany could still mean multiple pieces glued together to form one solid piece. It doesn't matter - it still sounds great. And I like the wider neck, but I have fat fingers...

Archived