Gibson Brands Forums

Western Stars

MorrisrownSal

I heard a Chris Isaac song (now stop what you are thinking...) called Western Stars, and all I could think of was a smokey campfire, a Gibson, and a lonely heart. I gave it a whirl... although I think I need to nail down a harmony better than I did here.

Whatcha think? Things you would do to improve?

https://soundcloud.com/sal-from-chatham/western-stars

I like your rendition, Sal. I like Isaac's too, but he tends to use a lot of reverb in most of his recordings, and even during his live shows. There "might" be a hint of reverb in your's but it's still pretty much acoustic. Easy-going and simple works very well. Don't know what guitar you're using, but it sounds good.

Dam, I am using a capo on 2, dropped D tuning. For some reason it is harder for me to sing with bar chords. I recorded this in two tracks - one singing and guitar, and one harmony and 'snaps'.

Red333, Maybe I will paint my name in glitter nail polish on the bass side of the top?

MP,actually some of CI's performances in interviews (like Aussie TV) are his best. He performs as a duo with his drummer. who sings and simply runs some brushes over a drum head. Very clean and honest sound. Very Roy Orbison...

Thanks all of you.

Archived