Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jackdaniels2244

Pickguards and Les Paul's

Guest Farnsbarns

Some come with, some come without and some come in the case unfitted to leave up ton the buyer. A lot of peole were taking them off and Gibson responded. Because all the electricals are attached to the pick guard, by design the fender strat simply must have a pick guard, there is no option.

There were some Strats made without pick guards if I remember correctly. There were not a lot of them. I can't remember how they did the routing.

the Fender Show Masters and the imports that were copies of them didn't have the top route method and didn't have pick guards.

the routing/wiring was done from the rear..

here's some pix.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fender+show+masters&id=0C778BF338E73B980501434AFB21D8EAF110745F&FORM=IQFRBA

AFAIK all other strats and teles do.

I think when you order a Les Paul (the higher end Customs and VOSs) that you should be able to say yay or nay to the pick guard.

I'll never buy a Les Paul without one because I like the way they look with them, and the way I play I hit the pick guard sometimes, but I like the feel and look of the pick guard. But, if the top is pretty enough I'd get one without the pick guard, then add one later

my 08 standard came with the pickguard in the case so i could add it if i wanted. i left it off cuz the flame top is so nice i didnt want to cover it. i like having the choice