Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jackdaniels2244

Protecting Les paul with out pickguard

You could use a polish like Virtuoso http://www.virtuosopolish.com/ In fact I recommend it as it preserves and protects.

That said my 07 Standard has no pick-guard on it. It came with it but was never put on. With this finish though its a bit different imho.

IMG_0488_zps03820a0a.jpg

IMG_0486_zps5468b961.jpg

IMG_0476_zpsb2e0fc96.jpg

IMG_0487_zps4b74b697.jpg

It needs to be done again I ran out of polish.

IMHO, just don't get too crazy if you want to keep from marking it up. The maple cap is contoured. Some folks don't mind battle scars on their guitars, to them it just adds to the mojo. To each his own...

My LP Custom Shop came with a pick guard, but it was not attached, and I can't bring myself to install it since the guitar has a wonderful flame top and tobacco burst finish. I'm just mindful of what I'm doing when I'm playing it.

There are transparent p'guards on offer.

You could buy adhesive plastic guards that adhere to the surface of the guit. which are commercially available.

P.

+1 for the transparent guards. Not sure i would use sticky ones on a nitro finish though. With a little elbow grease they are fairly easy to make, see pic on left.