Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone familiar with this product?

jannusguy2

I've got some of it. Had it for 8-9 years now. When I think of it I'll rub it over the strings. Seems to make slides a little easier. Haven't really paid enough attention to it to see it adds to string life, although if it makes strings sound a bit better, it's more likely they'll be played longer.. Doubt that it hurts anything, but don't know if it helps either. Hadn't thought of this stuff for a few months at least. I'm am interested in knowing if others use it and what they think. [thumbup]

I haven't tried that product but I do like the GHS string cloth quite a bit. Just a string "cleaner" really and I don't notice anything other than much longer life and maybe not getting so much black on my fingers from the phosphor bronze stings on the acoustics. Seems to have lasted well too as I've been using the same cloth for about 3 yrs.

GHS string cloth

Aster

Never heard of that. I use WD-40 on a Q-tip. Makes the strings sound brand new...removes the "cheese" that builds up on the underside of the string....even if you run a cloth under your strings when your done playing. Absolutely love it for cleaning and lubing the strings.

Archived