Gibson Brands Forums

What Gear do you miss ?

Karloff

Everything, in this photo! Including my hair! (I know, it's not a piece of gear, but I miss it, just the same!) [flapper][biggrin]

1968 Rickenbacker 360-12 "Jetglow" finish, Marshall "Major" AKA "The Pig," Full Stack, and '68 Gibson

Les Paul Custom. (From a polaroid photo, taken in 1969)

CharlieBrown19Summer1969withMarshal.jpg

[crying][crying][crying]

Additional Guitar selling reget: 1969 Gibson ES-355 Stereo, with Maestro vibrola, in "Cherry!" ](*,)](*,)](*,)

OK, that's Enough...this is so depressing! [crying]

CB

nice...

i regret selling my Ampeg V4 half stack I had in the 70's. A Digitech RP1 effects processor I bought in early 90's is one I regret getting. lots of folks know how to dial in and make digital effects sound great. I'm not one of them...

I miss my....

'75 LPC na, 3 pc top

'68 Univox Deluxe Rosewood Thinline (top level "Coily")

'71 Electra Tree Of Life SG

'70 Univox U1010 105w x 4 ch. reverb/trem 8x10" stack

what WAS I thinking?:

'60something Silvertone 1457....with the amp built into the HSC

bought for $20 @ flea market in '82...the case , and carpet under it caught fire the 1st time I walked away from it while on.

The only thing I sort of regret selling was this, my 2nd Jan 1964 Lake Placid Blue Strat.

Bought it in Jan '80 (before the 'Vintage' market kicked-in). Played it as my #1 for 25 years.

MewithLP-Bluein85v2lo-res.jpg

P.

EDIT : I've just spotted that's the same strap I now use for 'Marmalade' - 30 years down the road!...

A few of the guitars I sold and miss bad.

35th aniv Gibson LP custom 3-PU in black wish I had a picture of it!

Gibson Gothic explorer with Zakk Wylde EMG pickups

Gibson Gothic Vee,for some reason all the gothics are hard to find.

Fender Iron Maiden Stratocaster in black with a mirror picckguard and came with 3 single coil sized humbuckers and a floyd rose.

Gibson 1969 LP gold top that was routed out long ago (as a lot were in the 80,s)for humbuckers. Mine had 57 classics in it.

and what was the best guitar I have ever played and had tone for days.A 2006 Peavey Wolfgang 10 top std. I hated to sell any of these but when both the wife and I were out of work at the same time and the mortgage needs to be paid,well you cant live in a guitar and you have to do what has to be done.Thing is most of these guitars are now pretty hard to find.

A few pictures I dug up.

wolfgang.jpg

MVC-106S.jpg

0838fe46-1858-4fdd-b461-d583a9f1f6ff.jpg

What is the one bit of gear, guitar,amp,effect... that you regret selling. And also, what one piece of equipment did you buy, and now wonder "what was I thinking ?"

First question: Answer - Gibson ES345 1964. I'll forever regret selling it.

Second question: Answer - Blackstar HT5 + speaker cabs. Just not my kind of amp. Now that is going to get sold and soon.

The only thing I sort of regret selling was this, my 2nd Jan 1964 Lake Placid Blue Strat.

Bought it in Jan '80 (before the 'Vintage' market kicked-in). Played it as my #1 for 25 years.

MewithLP-Bluein85v2lo-res.jpg

P.

EDIT : I've just spotted that's the same strap I now use for 'Marmalade' - 30 years down the road!...

But what about the beard? [biggrin]

What gear do I miss? Most of all a big headstock '66 transition sunburst r/w board Fender Stratocaster serial no 161234, refretted twice. I don't even have a picture. And I miss a wine red 24-fret r/w board Gibson L6S (the model without the 5-way), a Fender Precision of uncertain 70s origin, a Roland JC120, Vox class A valve bass amps which overheat and blow up, my Peavey gear, old effects pedals....ok...I don't miss HH amps or any type of old small P.A system.

But what about the beard? [biggrin]

[lol]

That and the Gormless Expression? Still extant.

OK, Going off-topic for a minute so apologies where due;

True story;

My hair was dark brown but my beard - blame the Viking blood (I'm 100% serious, BTW) - was ginger.

People used to have bets as to whether I dyed my hair brown or my beard red.

Second true story;

I shaved on the night of the 4th November 1979. It was the night before my brother got married and I was Best Man. I have never, EVER shaved since. I HATE shaving with a passion rarely to be found.

P.

I still have my Rockman..

I regret selling a lot of stuff..

1962 Gretsch 6120

1966 Epiphone Sheraton

1964 Strat..(my first good guitar) traded for 1965 Jaguar..sold for the 6120

1968 ES335 Cherry

The 6120 I sold for the money to order my 1967 ES355TDSV Custom..

1965 Fender Concert..several Bassman and Showman. My 1965 Twin..

Traynor 2x12

My first Marshall

Do not regret selling the double Sunn Stacks

Or the Kustoms

Quilters

But you just can't keep it all..

First question: Answer - Gibson ES345 1964. I'll forever regret selling it.

Second question: Answer - Blackstar HT5 + speaker cabs. Just not my kind of amp. Now that is going to get sold and soon.

have you tried re-tubing the Blackstar?

the power tube is a bit tricky to find as an NOS component, but the preamp can be replaced w/a plethora of tubes....changing the entire sound......Blackstar has a forum as well.

have you tried re-tubing the Blackstar?

the power tube is a bit tricky to find as an NOS component, but the preamp can be replaced w/a plethora of tubes....changing the entire sound......Blackstar has a forum as well.

No, I got a Mesa Boogie instead! [biggrin]

But to be honest, in terms of playing at home most of the time I use my Bugera RAT tri-rec. It is a lovely little amp and has for me the all valve chain which is what I have grown to love. I will never get rid of my Roland JC50 but other than that I am done with amps with sole solid state rectifiers. I just don't like 'em anymore.

Archived