Gibson Brands Forums

RIP Lou Reed

JuanCarlosVejar

That first Velvet Underground & Nico album is still an eye-opener. Sweet Jane, Rock & Roll, Pale Blue Eyes...the list goes on.

Lots of stuff that didn't work, but the stuff that connected was pretty powerful stuff. Listened to Street Hassle and New York today. RIP.

I always find outpourings about celebrity deaths fairly curious..... This thread is pretty tame by comparison to a couple I've seen on other forums where people act like they knew him or something. Lets be honest, he was a bit of a handful, difficult and seldom a charmer. I don't mean to sound heartless, but when I seen it all yesterday between Twitter/facebook et al I thought to myself "thank god facebook wasn't around when Diana was murdered".

I guess I just dont understand public grieving for someone I never knew.

I can understand some of what you say PM. To have some genuine human to human compassion or sadness in the loss of an icon (not saying he was for me) or celb. that you connected with is one thing. To go into fits is another. John Lennon's death was rather upsetting to me and I never knew the guy. In fact, I prolly wouldn't have liked is personality from reading how he treated folks. His music, esp. Beatles music, were particularly important in my youthful years and connected to/with it to this day.

Anyway RIP LR. Hope you don't have to "take a walk on the wild side" anymore!

Aster

Archived