Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique

Voodoo Monkey

I traded guitars with a friend and got this great Les Paul. He put in the Slash Alnico pickups and I like them. It's a 2007 Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique in excellent condition. This guitar SMOKES!!! Here is a little jam video of my new baby. [woot]

Using a Fender 65 Twin Reverb With an Xotic BB Comp for some drive and an EP Booster for some headroom. I'm also using a Strymon El Capistan delay. [woot]

Watch in HD so you can see this killer flame!

Congratulations!!! [thumbup][thumbup]

Very cool, and awesome playing as always! What did you trade to get it?

HNGD!!! [smile]

Thank you. I traded a fender Tele made out of Empress wood for it. It's a real nice Tele but I really liked this LP. It was a friend of mine that I traded with and he put in the Slash pickups which I really like now that I'm playing them. Just a great rock guitar. This guitar is worth more than the Tele so I threw a few bucks also but in the end it was a great trade, I'm happy. [woot]

[thumbup]

Congratulations Chris!

Beautiful guitar!

By the way: I liked Your tone so much, that asked my good old Dad to make me a EP Booster clone. Of course, I am still nowhere near Your skills and tone, but that box is really great.

Cheers... Bence

[thumbup]

Congratulations Chris!

Beautiful guitar!

By the way: I liked Your tone so much, that asked my good old Dad to make me a EP Booster clone. Of course, I am still nowhere near Your skills and tone, but that box is really great.

Cheers... Bence

Hi Bence,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm just a guy having fun playing and enjoying my guitars. It's a rocking guitar. I love the Xotic pedals. I'm using a BB preamp Comp Custom Shop for OD and the EP Booster just makes everything sound so full. I like the tones, they rock but still have warmth.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks GG. The guitar screams and I really like the Slash pu's. This was done on a Twin reverb. [laugh]

No problem!!! I haven't tried the Slash pickups, yet. They sounded great in the vid. How do you like them compared to the standard Alnico 2 Pro's? Nice. I have a Fender Twin Reverb as well. [biggrin]

No problem!!! I haven't tried the Slash pickups, yet. They sounded great in the vid. How do you like them compared to the standard Alnico 2 Pro's? Nice. I have a Fender Twin Reverb as well. [biggrin]

I haven't tried the Alnico 2's. All of my Gibson's have 57 Classics except this new LP. The Slash PU's are great, they will never let you forgot this guitar was meant to rock. [woot] When I got my ES335 I found a Twin Reverb on Craig's List for less than half price so I snagged it and it's great. This guitar rocks through it. You should hear it on my Blackstar HT-5! Rock heaven. [woot]

Very Nice !! [thumbup]

You didn't get rid of your new Traditional did you?

No way. I have 3 Trads. A light burst and desert burst which are weight relieved and they are killer and my newest one a 2013 Trad in Chicago Blue that's totally solid. I traded a fender tele made out of empress wood for it along with a little cash. It all worked out.

I haven't tried the Alnico 2's. All of my Gibson's have 57 Classics except this new LP. The Slash PU's are great, they will never let you forgot this guitar was meant to rock. [woot] When I got my ES335 I found a Twin Reverb on Craig's List for less than half price so I snagged it and it's great. This guitar rocks through it. You should hear it on my Blackstar HT-5! Rock heaven. [woot]

I'd like to hear a side by side comparison of the standard Alnico 2 Pro's and the Slash Alnico 2 Pro's side by side and get good comparison that way. Sweet. I picked up my Twin Reverb back last August used for $700 and it looks in brand new shape. Awesome, I'd love to see a vid of it through your Blackstar HT-5! Have you tried those 1 watt Marshall's?

Nice guitar, Chris. Playing is excellent as always.

Haven't seen you about in ages. Must look in on fsgc some time.

Hey Charlie,

How have you been? Hope all is well. I got this guitar on a trade. It's a real rocker! I left FSGC a while back and I think they got rid of half the members too. I heard that members were at 41 then dropped to the mid twenties overnight. You might want to check, you might not be a member anymore. I just wasn't into the club anymore and had to leave so I did a few months back.

I still post here every once and a while. I got a new LP Trad and an Original SG over the past several months and there is a couple videos posted in here or you can check it out on my You Tube channel. [woot]

Take care,

Chris

I'd like to hear a side by side comparison of the standard Alnico 2 Pro's and the Slash Alnico 2 Pro's side by side and get good comparison that way. Sweet. I picked up my Twin Reverb back last August used for $700 and it looks in brand new shape. Awesome, I'd love to see a vid of it through your Blackstar HT-5! Have you tried those 1 watt Marshall's?

Hey GG,

I will have to do a video with the Blackstar soon. It rocks on that amp. I got my Twin for the same price. [thumbup] Twins are great sounding amps.

Archived