Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Custom Lite

gigu

Hello, I have a Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite and I want to confirm if is it normal that volumen pot (bottom) when the toggle switch is in treble position does not reduce the volumen totally at zero (aprox half)?

Hello Gigu,

check if the toggle switch and the pots do behave as expected for the neck pickup.

What exactly do you mean saying 'approximately half'? Does it say the volume just drops a bit and lacks pickup/cable resonance when the volume pot is turned fully counterclockwise? This happens in case the ground connection of the pot is faulty due to a bad soldering point to or a broken contact within the pot.

Hope this helps,

capmaster

Hello Gigu,

check if the toggle switch and the pots do behave as expected for the neck pickup.

What exactly do you mean saying 'approximately half'? Does it say the volume just drops a bit and lacks pickup/cable resonance when the volume pot is turned fully counterclockwise? This happens in case the ground connection of the pot is faulty due to a bad soldering point to or a broken contact within the pot.

Hope this helps,

capmaster

Hello capmaster, thanks for the response.

What i mean with "aprx half" is the volumen of the guitar when treble position on toggle switch is on.

Someone know where i can find the wiring diagram for the custom lite in order to check the connections?

• 5 months later...

Hi, still with the same problem, I asked to gibson for the schematics in order to check de wiring and they have sent nothing.

Anyone please help.

Note: The volumen of the neck pickup works perfect.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it an original 80's Custom Lite or one of those newer reissues? My 1987 works just like any other Les Paul. I can't speak for the newer ones from a couple years back, because I heard they are cheaply made. They don't even have ebony boards. But it should work like any other Les Paul.

1796740_10152279607676753_1258648239_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I have a Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite and I want to confirm if is it normal that volumen pot (bottom) when the toggle switch is in treble position does not reduce the volumen totally at zero (aprox half)?

No that is not normal, it should take it all the way to zero. Has someone rewired it any some point. Might need to replace that 400K pot

Problem solved!!!!!,,,, The volumen (bridge) pot was missing a pin solder to ground.

I had to look for differents schematics and some videos on youtube to solve it.

Thanks to all for your help.

Archived