Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fevitz GC OZ

L2 E string saddle block quiery

Hi there appreciators of steinberg basses and guitars , My L2 E string saddle block ive noticed has small indents through the tightening and loosening of the 2 lock screws that hold the 4 blocks in place . This is to be expected over time and the age of the bass . So whilst doing the intonation and getting it right , i find it moves slightly after ive tightened up the screws due to the surface of the E BLOCK not being smooth . Would lightly sanding the surface of the block be the solution OR simply swapping it with one of the other blocks be the way to go ? Precisely made to fit as they are sanding may not be the way to go ive thought despite the small indents made by the screws . Anyone encountered this minor problem before ?

So whilst doing the intonation and getting it right , i find it moves slightly after ive tightened up the screws due to the surface of the E BLOCK not being smooth . Would lightly sanding the surface of the block be the solution OR simply swapping it with one of the other blocks be the way to go ?

Hi Rick,

trying to keep this forum alive? You know the better populated places ;)

Just swap the saddles, sanding (as you assumed) is not a good idea. The big advantage of a guitar: you've got five other saddles to swap with, not only three :)

Bernd

Hi Rick,

trying to keep this forum alive? You know the better populated places ;)

Just swap the saddles, sanding (as you assumed) is not a good idea. The big advantage of a guitar: you've got five other saddles to swap with, not only three :)

Bernd

HA HA !!! hi there bernd ,There are busier places i agree , but it stays on the page longer , and its good to come here to ponder the silence .

THANKS !!!!