Gibson Brands Forums

Shutup & Play - Rock Guitar Tutorials

kyboch

Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAwuvzhah0KUw5QNihSkEwQ

It's for intermediate to advanced players. I'm trying really hard to teach solos to many popular rock tunes as accurately as possible, with a minimum of "blah, blah, blah".

Please feel free to comment and if you find it useful I would love to get more subscribers! And you can hear my 1975 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe through my Egnater Renegade amp!

I'll be putting up a new vid every week.

Cheers everyone.

That's fantastic kyboch! I really like the Walk this Way and Dear Prudence. I'm a huge Beatles fan. And you are so right finger picking seems impossible. I'm only starting to dabble in it and it is VERY different than playing with a pick. I started with Blackbird by the Beatles. I have that... "mostly" . Another super cool picking song I'm looking into is Mood for a Day by Yes. That right there is a song that really rocks. I don't think it's really too hard. It will only take me 1,000,000,000 hours of practice to get it right.

I'm also trying to figure out the lower harmony part to Taking Care of Business by Bad Company. I'm having limited success with that. It's hard for me to pick out with everything else going on in the song. It doesn't help that I'm a little hard of hearing after decades of blaring rock music and maybe just my age.

Something else about your lessons I really like is your lack of chatter. I hate having to sit through long introductions when all I want to do is get into the meat of the lesson and learn the song. Great job!

I subscribed to your YouTube channel so I guess I'll find out when you post updates.

Thanks for your hard work.

Dennis

That's fantastic kyboch! I really like the Walk this Way and Dear Prudence. I'm a huge Beatles fan. And you are so right finger picking seems impossible. I'm only starting to dabble in it and it is VERY different than playing with a pick. I started with Blackbird by the Beatles. I have that... "mostly" . Another super cool picking song I'm looking into is Mood for a Day by Yes. That right there is a song that really rocks. I don't think it's really too hard. It will only take me 1,000,000,000 hours of practice to get it right.

I'm also trying to figure out the lower harmony part to Taking Care of Business by Bad Company. I'm having limited success with that. It's hard for me to pick out with everything else going on in the song. It doesn't help that I'm a little hard of hearing after decades of blaring rock music and maybe just my age.

Something else about your lessons I really like is your lack of chatter. I hate having to sit through long introductions when all I want to do is get into the meat of the lesson and learn the song. Great job!

I subscribed to your YouTube channel so I guess I'll find out when you post updates.

Thanks for your hard work.

Dennis

Hey Dennis, thanks for subscribing man, that's cool. Yeah Blackbird is awesome. I'm gonna put that up soon. Mood for a Day is just sweet playing, a little out of my realm, but beautiful nylon string classical guitar. When you say Takin' Care of Business do you mean Bachman Turner Overdrive BTO? If you do, yeah that is a killer tune for guitar players. Everyone should know it, kinda like Smoke on the Water right?

As far as all the blah blah blah that people do on youtube, yeah I really hate it too! My plan is to play the selection up to speed first, that might be all advanced players need, then play it slow for more intermediate players, and then break it down and explain it more for beginner/intermediate guys. So far so good. Thanks again for watching man.

Cheers

Check it out here:

http://www.youtube.c...h0KUw5QNihSkEwQ

It's for intermediate to advanced players. I'm trying really hard to teach solos to many popular rock tunes as accurately as possible, with a minimum of "blah, blah, blah".

Please feel free to comment and if you find it useful I would love to get more subscribers! And you can hear my 1975 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe through my Egnater Renegade amp!

I'll be putting up a new vid every week.

Cheers everyone.

Good lessons, clearly detailed. Well done!

This is my latest upload to my Shutup & Play youtube channel.

IMHO it's a very accurate tutorial teaching the picking technique and fingering Paul uses to play this. Pretty well every guitar player plays Blackbird, but very few play it correctly.

I'm sure you will get something out of it.

Thanks everyone

Cheers

I have this strange feeling that every post in this thread is by the same person.

Hey deeman, wow! not exactly sure how to reply to this man or even what you're thinking here...but never the less I hope you're able to get something from my channel.

peace brother

Archived