Gibson Brands Forums

is this a genuine standard?

Gibson Artist

Saw someone selling a Gibson Les Paul Standard on CL for 1200 and it just seems way too good to be true. Looking at the pictures is it just me or do the frets go through the binding? If so that would be an automatic fake but i cannot see the les paul logo clear enough to compare it to my own. Here is the git in question. http://providence.craigslist.org/msg/4172761848.html Any thoughts?

The pictures are too small on my screen to state with 100% certainty but it looks very genuine to me.

As far as the nibs question goes it would (again, to me) appear to be a trick of the light/shadow on the rhs as we look.

But he mentions a picture of the case and all I can see is the overall plus the h'stock snaps.

Have you seen more pictures than I can see?

P.

The pictures are too small on my screen to state with 100% certainty but it looks very genuine to me.

As far as the nibs question goes it would (again, to me) appear to be a trick of the light/shadow on the rhs as we look.

But he mentions a picture of the case and all I can see is the overall plus the h'stock snaps.

Have you seen more pictures than I can see?

P.

I dont see any other ads of his for more pictures but like i said, it appeared as if the frets were straight thru the binding in the picture i saw and his new york phone number seems abit odd in a rhode island ad also. Sometimes i believe if something is too good to be true maybe it is? Or, it could be stolen and the guy doesnt know what he has?

It looks legit from my perspective, as pippy says, it appears to be shadowing on the right hand side. The lacquer around the logo looks like my old Standard did (temp difference no doubt caused it)

Well, i only own a studio but usually the guys posting here find the fakes pretty quick and i respect your opinions. I just thought the price seemed too good to be true.

Archived