Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES-139

btoth76

Hello Rct!

Byrdlands were among the best guitars Gibson ever made. Unfortunately, a mortal - like me - has no chance to touch one... For the fraction (like 10%) of a Byrdland's price this isn't bad, I guess. I meant it from this perspective, when I compared it to that legendary instrument.

On the other hand, I like this ES-139 on it's own right. Interesting guitar, I would really like to try one, along with the new Midtown Kalamazoo. :)

Cheers... Bence

I took a buddy of mine to Guitar Center about a month ago to look for a keyboard. While he was noodling around with those of course I had to walk the guitar wall. This GC was small compared to most and didn't have too many interesting guitars. They did have one of these however, and I had not seen one so played it. It felt like a Gibson, but the tone was sort of strange, not a solid body LP tone, and not a hollow or semi hollow ES type tone - sort of a muffled ES tone. For the money I suppose it would be fine played through an amp with some guts and probably some effects pedals. It was comfortable and light weight.

Archived