Gibson Brands Forums

1959 VOS Lemonburst

mic2002

Guest Farnsbarns

Nice! Some advice...

Take the bridge off and give it a good spray of windowlene, all in the crevices etc. Then wind the screws back and forth a couple of times. This will free up the screws a treat. Whatever Gibson put on the hardware to induce the tarnishing sets in the threads and that's why the screws are stiff.

Nice! Some advice...

Take the bridge off and give it a good spray of windowlene, all in the crevices etc. Then wind the screws back and forth a couple of times. This will free up the screws a treat. Whatever Gibson put on the hardware to induce the tarnishing sets in the threads and that's why the screws are stiff.

Thanks for the tip!

• 5 months later...

I finally got a '59! Ok, she's real noisy with any sort of gain going on..the bridge has the bent screw issue when adjusting the intonation..the nut isn't the best I've seen...BUT..it just plays,looks and sounds like a DREAM!

'59 Lemonburst

Wow!

She looks amazing! In my opinion, one of the best looking Les Pauls I've ever seen!

Regarding the nut: have a look at Earvana nuts, I just had one fitted to my '59. They are supposed to clean up the intonation at the end of the fretboard, and better material than the nylon nut you have. It has made my '59 sound brighter, and more musical; improved sustain too, although perhaps that is helped by the TonePro stop tail locking nuts which hold the stop tail tightly to the body for better string contact.

Wow!

She looks amazing! In my opinion, one of the best looking Les Pauls I've ever seen!

Regarding the nut: have a look at Earvana nuts, I just had one fitted to my '59. They are supposed to clean up the intonation at the end of the fretboard, and better material than the nylon nut you have. It has made my '59 sound brighter, and more musical; improved sustain too, although perhaps that is helped by the TonePro stop tail locking nuts which hold the stop tail tightly to the body for better string contact.

THanks for that Watersilk - I will check out the Earvana and the tone pros.The only thing I really had to do was to screen her with some conductive paint which helped a lot on the noise front.

THanks for that Watersilk - I will check out the Earvana and the tone pros.The only thing I really had to do was to screen her with some conductive paint which helped a lot on the noise front.

I forgot to mention that I really love your profile picture, you should be a graphic artist!

Archived