Gibson Brands Forums

Invisible Riverside

MorrisrownSal

Darn nice... Really like the sound of 2 guitars on this. So, one guy, and Garage Band? I just don't have the patience, nor the talent, that was really nice. I think your song sharing idea is a good one, but, I don't have the wiring in my head to record. Have all the tools, but I get easily distracted and rarely get anything down, unless someone else is doing the lifting.

Excellent stuff sal. Aside from being a great cover its well mixed also.

Ps

He wrote that song after a drive with acdc on the car stereo and ,after hearing him say so , its very apparent to me. Anyone else also hear the influence ? Its way slowed down and gentle influence of course, but definitely there.

First off... Thanks fellas. GarageBand is the secret. When I do just me and the guitar in one take, like the stuff that you guys do, it is more pure. I'd argue it is more real. I like that stuff the best.

But sometimes I get free time, and I long for days when I used to play and record with others often. We had a band named sinister footwear, a typically silly band name in my era. Anyway that is why sometimes, when I have free time, like this afternoon off from work, I like to put few tracks together.

Dan, GarageBand is real easy. In this case, I picked a smart drum track that matched the tempo, I laid down a bass track with my crappy bass, then acoustic guitar through the apogee mic, a second track, then the vocals, and finally a single drum track where I just hit the crash cymbal for effect in a few points. The whole thing took about 90 minutes, but I already know the words and guitar and bass by heart.

What's also interesting to me is how you need a metronome or rhythm down first when you do multi tracks. I was surprised how my tempo varies within a song when I am just playing and singing in a single track. But I guess that's human and not bad for that.

BBG .... ACDC. Really? I heard he likes metal. I just can't reconcile that with the songs of his I tend to like!

Archived