Gibson Brands Forums

Original song "THE LOAD" about my dad, POW

livemusic

I am still in Nashville recording my album. Here is a song about my dad, a POW. My song is a true story. Gives me chills listening to this. He was a great man.

The has not yet gone to my mastering engineer but it's good enough to listen to.

Since this is a guitar forum... I think this guitar is my Martin D28. It plays well capo'd way up the neck.

Here's to all who have known the horrors of war.

Thanks everyone. Listening again, it floors me. This is really good! We worked so hard to do that song justice.

Fred, I think this guitar is D28. The Gibson CW is still in the shop, they said it would take a long time to fix it and make it look good. I did get it and put it on a track or two. I wish I had it now, have another recording session tomorrow. But, I got other geetars, lol. In fact, I might use my J45 tomorrow and plug it in so I don't get bleed from my vocal mic, as I like to sing a guide vocal for the band while playing guitar.

Absolutely great song Bill. I have no doubt there will be other albums, They say good things come to those who wait and I also have no doubt that when the ol girl is finished she will blow your socks off. Of course I do get credit in small print somewhere for fighting to save her, right ? Right ?

Bill ?....now where the heck did Bill go ? [thumbup]

Archived