Gibson Brands Forums

j-45 Fake? Whats your opinion?

fauvent

Guys, I know this one is very common topic. Believe me first I read all topics concerning this discussion and I still have my doubts. First a little bit of background. I bought this J-45 several years ago. I paid 1800 usd plus shipping. Seems to be a 2007 judging by the serial number. I start doubting about it because I changed the truss rod cover. I took a picture of the truss rod and the block inside of the body, which I thought SHOULD have a print (Im not sure). Actually my biggest concern about it is the block inside the body, because it has screw holes and signs that had something attached to it, actually when I bought it the screws where still inside of the body and I never understood what was all that about... Anyways, here are the pictures. Any input will be more than appreciate. P.D. Sorry for the quality of the pictures!

post-28058-043016700 1384210922_thumb.jpg

post-28058-089230500 1384210941_thumb.jpg

post-28058-088210200 1384210955_thumb.jpg

Thank you very much for your quick answer Jerry K, maybe it is for a battery. Just notice that the guitar is not Acoustic-Electric. What about the print in the wood block inside of the body? I thought there should be? Maybe certain models only has it?

Regards!

Thanks for your opinion zombywoof. And I apologize if I wrote something bad or I just didn't make myself clear. I meant by "the print on the wood block" something like this:

http://home.provide.net/~cfh/gibser44.jpg

About your question, obviously Im not the right person to answer that as you can see but I will look forward for the answer! Thank you again again guys!

Archived