Gibson Brands Forums

MV's 1942 gibson J 45 demo

JuanCarlosVejar

P,

this would be a replica of one of several guitars John Thomas (JT) loaned to gibson .

the guitar John had was a 1942 J 45 (first year of production) this I believe is the final result .

JC

Yes, it's a "replica" one of the four guitars that I sent to Gibson. The original was used on track 9 on the CD companion to my book. You can hear a clip here.

Thanks, JC, for flagging this for us and for me. As many know, this is the only way I can learn when the replicas of the Banner Gibsons I sent to Gibson are released.

I believe there's been two of them for sale on the trading post to date.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/106909-gibson-j-45-1942-banner-limited-edition-2600-shipped/

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/104683-1st-of-the-limited-1942-banner-j45/

The thick neck would scare me off unless I could actually play it first to see if I like it.

Maybe one of these guys will ship one to me to try out. :rolleyes:

I doubt if I'll ever see one around these parts.

This is probably the only guitar that I would consider as a replacement to my J45TV. After spending some time on my Banner Mahogany LG-2 (aka 1942 LG-1 replica) I am really really liking those fat necks from the 40s. When I first started playing the banner LG-2, I was concerned about how different the neck felt, but I got used to it in a day and now I find it more comfortable...playing chords is more of a grip with the whole hand rather than squeezing with the thumb, so I find the bigger necks more comfortable and much less fatiguing... Maybe it's because of 10 years or so of only playing classical and flamenco guitars, but I kind of wish I had the thick C neck on all my guitars now....

As many know, this is the only way I can learn when the replicas of the Banner Gibsons I sent to Gibson are released.

Starting to sound like they must owe JT some money and are trying to avoid him. My old boss would get the 'evasives' as I call it, when there was money owed or holidays coming up....

It is a bit of a shame, JT, after all your hard work, and I hope the situation gets fixed soon.

BluesKing777.

Starting to sound like they must owe JT some money and are trying to avoid him. My old boss would get the 'evasives' as I call it, when there was money owed or holidays coming up....

It is a bit of a shame, JT, after all your hard work, and I hope the situation gets fixed soon.

No money owed! I volunteered my services as a tribute to the Kalamazoo Gals.

No money owed! I volunteered my services as a tribute to the Kalamazoo Gals.

Even stranger then - you have done nothing but promote the big G!

Well, it certainly is a strange situation to some of us forum readers and I am sure an explanation will come out sooner or later.

BluesKing777.

Archived