Gibson Brands Forums

Hello

MarkaB

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, Gibson's are really good and have been enjoying playing it.

It's taking some time to get used to I guess because of the different feel of the fretboard. I have always wanted a Gibson acoustic and finally I was able to afford one, so I went with it and glad I did. Tried out Taylors but just did't like the sound. Gibson had that warm tone I was looking for.

I have been playing acoustic guitar for probably close to 20 years. Through those years I've played many genres of music from country to rock to alternative. Nowadays I play Saturday nights and soon Sundays with a praise band at my church and occasionally do some all acoustic sets which are very nice.

I posted a picture of it that was sent to me from where I bought it. The photos I shot myself were apparently too large to attach.

Any thoughts anyone on cleaning up the plugged in sound of the J45. For lack of another way to describe...it kind of sounds too electric to me. I apologize for the lengthy post.

Thanks everyone

post-60237-025441500 1384569604_thumb.jpg

In the Forum Feedback section there is a "Sticky Post" on how to post photos. I'm on an iPad and don't know how to copy/paste, otherwise I'd give you the direct link.

Plugged in - is a sometimes elusive thing with an acoustic - we all chase that rabbit. Your J-45 probably has an under saddle pickup? You may find a direct box such as the LR Baggs Paracoustic to help, let's you tweak a bit. What are you playing thru?

In the Forum Feedback section there is a "Sticky Post" on how to post photos. I'm on an iPad and don't know how to copy/paste, otherwise I'd give you the direct link.

Plugged in - is a sometimes elusive thing with an acoustic - we all chase that rabbit. Your J-45 probably has an under saddle pickup? You may find a direct box such as the LR Baggs Paracoustic to help, let's you tweak a bit. What are you playing thru?

Hold your finger on the text you want to copy Dan. Options appear.

Nice guitar mate. Nice to have you here

Isn't it against the law the play anything other than a Taylor in a Praise band?

Nah, just pulling your chain a bit.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new member of your family. You just can't go wrong with a J-45. Having played Gibson acoustics for 50+ years I always want to say what took you so long. But better late than never, heh?

Duluthdan, I am using a Fishman Loudbox artist. Really like the amp. Have used my other acoustic guitar that I put a LR Baggs iBeam into. As long as I keep the volume to a reasonable level that pickup is exceptional and very natural acoustic sounding. I was thinking maybe of either replacing the element in the Gibson with the Anthem SL or just keeping the element and getting a Fishman Aura 16. I'll have to look into the Paracoustic. Thanks

Yea, Zombywoof I got some teasing over not getting a Taylor and was told that Gibson only makes good electrics. I disagree though. Just didn't like the sound or feel of a Taylor.

Isn't it against the law the play anything other than a Taylor in a Praise band?

Nah, just pulling your chain a bit.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new member of your family. You just can't go wrong with a J-45. Having played Gibson acoustics for 50+ years I always want to say what took you so long. But better late than never, heh?

I agree, that I definitely waited way too long. I can say that I'll will probably end up with another Gibson sooner or later.

Yea, Zombywoof I got some teasing over not getting a Taylor and was told that Gibson only makes good electrics. I disagree though. Just didn't like the sound or feel of a Taylor.

It just seems that Taylors are real popular with guys who play in Praise/Worship bands.

If I listened to the opinions of others I would probably not own half the guitars I do.

It just seems that Taylors are real popular with guys who play in Praise/Worship bands.

If I listened to the opinions of others I would probably not own half the guitars I do.

Almost bought the Taylor 510 but glad I decided to try the J45.

Wellcome, I also play at church started with my SJ200 but it over powered the Taylor's and martins! So I i went to my trusty J45 a Fullers vintage reissue

I just added a J45 Custom like just like yours picked it up on ebay I love it but I agree I don't care for the element that's installed I plan on putting in the Trance audio amulet MV

...the J45 stll over powers the Taylor and Martin I play with at church I t sounds IMO way better.

That one has a Fishman Aura Pro but I also plan on putting an amulet in that Too... When playing away from Church I use a "Fishstick" SA 220...the element to me is way to "quackie".

Wellcome, I also play at church started with my SJ200 but it over powered the Taylor's and martins! So I i went to my trusty J45 a Fullers vintage reissue

I just added a J45 Custom like just like yours picked it up on ebay I love it but I agree I don't care for the element that's installed I plan on putting in the Trance audio amulet MV

...the J45 stll over powers the Taylor and Martin I play with at church I t sounds IMO way better.

That one has a Fishman Aura Pro but I also plan on putting an amulet in that Too... When playing away from Church I use a "Fishstick" SA 220...the element to me is way to "quackie".

Played this evening in an informal contemporary service and took the J45 custom. i got it to sound really decent in the mix just from adjusting through the Loudbox controls. I am thinking maybe just getting the LR Baggs Paracoustic for it.

I usually play with several guitarists but tonight only one and tonight the J45 definitely stood out.

It has a sound all its own.

Wow, things have changed. I remember the days when all praise bands played Martins.

Welcome to the family, MarkaB

FMA

Thanks

I considered a Martin...after all living in PA I am only a few hours away from the factory. But glad I got a Gibson.

Mark

Archived