Gibson Brands Forums

Looking at new J-60

Sitedrifter

I really like the square shoulder guitars but want a 25.5" scale. I found a 2013 J-60 called bone crusher. Has rosewood back and sides with a 25.5" scale and vintage style tuners. http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Square-Shoulder/Gibson-Acoustic/J-60/Specs.aspx

Does anyone own one and if so, please comment on it or if you know the history also please comment on it? This J-60 looks like it would be a great companion to my J-200.

I was reading more about the J-60 and did find it is a new model created in the early nineties and that Gibson re-releases it every few years. Supposedly, the 2013 version some people are calling the Bone Crusher III? I am not sure that is accurate but some things I also read about are:

1. Hummingbird body

2. 25.5" scale

3. Advanced Jumbo bracing (very cool)

4. very powerful like an AJ

Well there seems to be only one new one for sale *anywhere* in the US and I am working with store now and depending on the outcome of the Gibson show I am going to today, I may pull the trigger on the J-60.

Well there seems to be only one new one for sale *anywhere* in the US and I am working with store now and depending on the outcome of the Gibson show I am going to today, I may pull the trigger on the J-60.

Don't know where the store you're talking about is, but my local Gibson dealer has one hanging on the wall. I've played it several times and came real close to buying it myself. Big sound, reminds me of a real good Martin dred. I'm not sure if there are finish choices but the one I've seen has a natural top.

Don't know where the store you're talking about is, but my local Gibson dealer has one hanging on the wall. I've played it several times and came real close to buying it myself. Big sound, reminds me of a real good Martin dred. I'm not sure if there are finish choices but the one I've seen has a natural top.

it is themusiczoo

Although I ended up with a different guitar today so the J-60 is not going to happen. [-X

Archived