Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar interface

Tobougg

Hi,

Just recently picked up a Behringer USB guitar interface. So i plugged it in and got it workin etc,

and i have my guitars working in it. The problem is though is that im getting crazy interference or feedback.

on a clean channel it's not as bad, but still bad. and then when i add a distortion to it there's really alot of feedback.

Any idea's how i can reduce this?

Cheers

Don't know your USB interface, but any A/D and D/A conversions including the digital processing in between may be critical due to unavoidable latency. My Behringer V-Amp Pro setup is around 5 ms from analog in (guitar) to analog out (preamp to poweramp).

Interferences and feedback strongly depend on the entire signal chain and the digital runtimes within, so it would be interesting to post it here.

Fender? I mean, thats definitely not a "real" guitar, maybe not fake... Hahaha only joking of course!! [flapper]

Capmaster might be on to something here! Of course you're best bet is something like a PreSonus Audiobox. USB connect, you can plug your guitar straight into, or run microphones and pick up your amp. I know this isn't the information you're looking for, but in my experience the PreSonus is gonna blow any 1/4inch to USB outta the water.

Hi,

Just recently picked up a Behringer USB guitar interface. So i plugged it in and got it workin etc,

and i have my guitars working in it. The problem is though is that im getting crazy interference or feedback.

on a clean channel it's not as bad, but still bad. and then when i add a distortion to it there's really alot of feedback.

Any idea's how i can reduce this?

Cheers

does this interface use a software program?

I ask this because a drummer friend of mine was having the same type problem, that was a "software glitch" and was remedied with a free update from the supplier company.

I have used the Behringer USB guitar interface without any such problem. I know that doesn't help you much. But at least from my experience that isn't typical. I am using Reaper for DAW.

Have you downloaded latest driver/software for the Behringer from their website? The one that I have is "BEHRINGER_2902_WIN32_2.8". It was downloaded Sept. 8.

Have you posed the problem on their website? (I have found them fairly responsive.)

Did you try the switch on the side of the interface, "Hi/Lo"?

Guest Farnsbarns

Could be that you're using a fake guitar? [flapper]

Or a plywood interface!

Have you read the manual. We know how you like to ignore good advice!

Archived