Gibson Brands Forums

"Crazy John"---a Sunday offering.

MissouriPicker

I wrote this song about an old man who lived a few blocks from us when I was a kid. Played on my J60. I added some banjo and harmonica to it. For those interested in recording details, vocals and guitar were done with a Microsoft LifeCam. Banjo and the harmonica were recorded into a Shure SM57 microphone. All the pics came from the internet.

Love it Larry ! You have a real ability to capture the mood of the song that you are trying to communicate. Great tune, put a smile om my face and love all the additional bits and pieces on top. I think this my favourite of your, keep em coming ! [thumbup]

Really enjoyable, Larry!

A touch sad, but the line between a comfortable home and being homeless is just a stroke of luck.

One of our local Crazy Johns (also a phone/ electronics retailer here!), does a quick round of the shopping centre car park/bins/train station most evenings, usually solo, but the other day he had a mate and they found a shopping trolley near the car park - these ones you put a dollar coin in and get it back when you return the trolley - these two guys had a tool to release the coins! I couldn't believe it.

BluesKing777.

Thanks again for all the kind words, especially the comment about Guy Clark. I admire Clark's talents. A true storyteller.......I think there are a lot of "Crazy John" characters in our lives. In the past, literally every neighborhood or town had one or more. They may have been different in their own ways, but they all were society's misfits, pariahs, physically disabled, mentally ill, maybe homeless, or all of the above.

Archived