Gibson Brands Forums

When did YOU last BUY music?

Lu Ruello

Indeed they are! [thumbup]

I have their first album 'Opus Eponymous' in MP3 form. Turned me on to them,

so when I walked by a recordstore during my vacation I had to pick it up :)

However...'Opus Eponymous' will be one of the 1st albums I'll buy during 2014,

along with Red Dragon Cartel \:D/

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just picked up this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5aypdnzY7w

I don't buy music regularly; I tend to binge. In the past six months I've bought Lee Ranaldo and the Dust and Chelsea Light Moving on vinyl. The rest (Ty Segall, Fuzz, Thee Oh Sees, Big Troubles, Mikal Cronin) were digital download purchases. I never got into the whole bittorent thing for music. Musicians have to make a living otherwise it'll all be trust fund kids making music.

last time I bought music was late july/early august this year [smile]

... and it was for the simple reason to have something in my car to listen to while

driving to Stockholm to visit my stepbrother and his family [biggrin]

what I bought?

220px-Ghost_-_infestissumam_cover.jpg

let me tell you, Ghost is simply AMAZING [love]

I have not been able to get into these guys, I like them, but somehow just like Volbeat I think of them as a guilty pleasure.

Me? I just bought Motohead - No Sleep 'till Hammersmith on vinyl (re-issue), I have been thinking about buying this on and off for 30 years finally saw it at the store and pulled the trigger.

I listen to metal and I buy a ton of music. Like a ridiculous amount of music. I'm still old-school in that I like physical media and I listen to albums, not songs. I still rip everything to lossless (FLAC) or 320CBR MP3s for listening. However I hate digital download only releases. I like the full experience of buying an album with artwork, photos, lyrics etc. I have a ton of special releases and signed albums too. I love getting Japanese Imports with bonus tracks.

If you want a band to keep making music you like then support them by buying their stuff. My favorite band is Amorphis. I think I have 27 of their CDs, several DVDs, a ton of signed stuff, and a couple of shirts.

I have recently become aware of MOG.com. $10 per month gives you access to millions of songs that are available in the highest fidelity files you can get. These files would take up way too much room on a hard drive. I have been test driving it lately and I'm about to pull the trigger. An account will also give you the ability to stream off of wireless devices so, no more horrible terrestrial radio in the car and it's cheaper than Sirius/XM.

I listen to metal and I buy a ton of music. Like a ridiculous amount of music. I'm still old-school in that I like physical media and I listen to albums, not songs. I still rip everything to lossless (FLAC) or 320CBR MP3s for listening. However I hate digital download only releases. I like the full experience of buying an album with artwork, photos, lyrics etc. I have a ton of special releases and signed albums too. I love getting Japanese Imports with bonus tracks.

If you want a band to keep making music you like then support them by buying their stuff. My favorite band is Amorphis. I think I have 27 of their CDs, several DVDs, a ton of signed stuff, and a couple of shirts.

One of my best friends is just like this, he is also a Prog Metal fiend but it all started with the early Thrash days of the 80's.

He has VIP status at Nuclear Blast Records from ordering so much stuff and also buys Japanese Imports, he just bought "Amazing Maze" on CD for $48, yikes!

I can't get into Volbeat...and god knows I've tried [unsure]

Well, looks like I'll be getting their debut album for christmas from my sister [biggrin]

I found one of their CDs at the Nashville Library, I am going to give it a listen throughout and see how I like them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived