Gibson Brands Forums

My teeny weeny collection

kjeokiedog

Found the Les Paul standard plus 3 weeks ago at the local MS, someone traded it in the day before.

Serial # comes back as Unsung Korea...July of 2000....Build 1880.

Cleaned up the scratchy tone pots with De Oxit and cleaned the switch contacts with a strip from a business card.

works and sounds like brand new!! Low action with minimal uniform fret wear and NO fret buzz. The case was old SKB and in really bad shape so had to by one of the new SKB flight cases

Got the DR 500 MCE 6 monthes ago and love it. Best dreadnaught I have had over 40+ years

Bought at the same local MS and the only thing wrong was 3 tiny scraps of stuff in the body, I guess thats the advantage of dealing with a store versus online ordering.

The picture is kinda crappy cuz its my first try at using a cell phone camera, I'l try for more and better if I can.

Found the Les Paul standard plus 3 weeks ago at the local MS, someone traded it in the day before.

Serial # comes back as Unsung Korea...July of 2000....Build 1880.

Cleaned up the scratchy tone pots with De Oxit and cleaned the switch contacts with a strip from a business card.

works and sounds like brand new!! Low action with minimal uniform fret wear and NO fret buzz. The case was old SKB and in really bad shape so had to by one of the new SKB flight cases

Got the DR 500 MCE 6 monthes ago and love it. Best dreadnaught I have had over 40+ years

Bought at the same local MS and the only thing wrong was 3 tiny scraps of stuff in the body, I guess thats the advantage of dealing with a store versus online ordering.

The picture is kinda crappy cuz its my first try at using a cell phone camera, I'l try for more and better if I can.

Nice and beautiful mates - congrats! [thumbup] I like top and finish of your Epiphone Les Paul in particular. Don't know if I would call your guitars teeny weeny but just great to my taste. :)

Better the case is beat up than the guitar. [biggrin] That's why I like cases far over gigbags. In my opinion, it's simply what they are made for. The other reason is keeping guitars from sudden climate changes. All of my guitars reside in cases most of the time, especially when I open up the windows for venting in the winter time.

I ordered two of my Gibson guitars and all the four Gibson basses of mine unplayed from four different online stores and finally went with all of them. Two very rare Les Paul guitars and one of the basses came with tiny dings and scraps. In case of the bass and the one guitar, the particular online store posted me before the buy, attached pictures, offered a discount, and I accepted. When the other rare Les Paul guitar arrived, I found some little flaws on the finish near the strap knobs and posted the online store. They offered me a credit voucher in case I would keep the guitar which I accepted, too.

But anyway, dealing in person is the best thing I guess. [thumbup]

Nice and beautiful mates - congrats! [thumbup] I like top and finish of your Epiphone Les Paul in particular. Don't know if I would call your guitars teeny weeny but just great to my taste. :)

Better the case is beat up than the guitar. [biggrin] That's why I like cases far over gigbags. In my opinion, it's simply what they are made for. The other reason is keeping guitars from sudden climate changes. All of my guitars reside in cases most of the time, especially when I open up the windows for venting in the winter time.

I ordered two of my Gibson guitars and all the four Gibson basses of mine unplayed from four different online stores and finally went with all of them. Two very rare Les Paul guitars and one of the basses came with tiny dings and scraps. In case of the bass and the one guitar, the particular online store posted me before the buy, attached pictures, offered a discount, and I accepted. When the other rare Les Paul guitar arrived, I found some little flaws on the finish near the strap knobs and posted the online store. They offered me a credit voucher in case I would keep the guitar which I accepted, too.

But anyway, dealing in person is the best thing I guess. [thumbup]

Let's hear more about those rare Les Pauls.

Actually, Capmaster, I was refering to the size of my collection, not the size of the guitars, [cool]

As I have seen pics of some of the awesome collections on here and am completely humbled by them. [drool]

I do have a 2011 Gibson SG standard and a Kala Marcy Marxer limited edition Ukulele also.

Over the years the ones that got away: 7-8 Taylors, Martin custom 15, Collings D2H,1981 Fender Walnut Strat

Fender Strat plus Ultra,and a dozen or so others that were all purchased new. My only used guitar purchase ever is the LP in the pic.

Actually, Capmaster, I was refering to the size of my collection, not the size of the guitars, [cool]

As I have seen pics of some of the awesome collections on here and am completely humbled by them. [drool]

I do have a 2011 Gibson SG standard and a Kala Marcy Marxer limited edition Ukulele also.

Over the years the ones that got away: 7-8 Taylors, Martin custom 15, Collings D2H,1981 Fender Walnut Strat

Fender Strat plus Ultra,and a dozen or so others that were all purchased new. My only used guitar purchase ever is the LP in the pic.

Oh, I obviously completely misunderstood you. I did refer teeny weeny to something like having been dreams of your teenage years which did come true now... [blush] Sorry, but English is not my first language, so these things might happen sometimes. #-o

I think it always depends on musical styles and likes what guitar a player is in need of. Some players just need one guitar only for an entire album or gig, but there might be a certain song which a single guitar hardly will be sufficient for. These certain songs became quite a few among mine during the latest years. [rolleyes]

Let's hear more about those rare Les Pauls.

The rare ones among my hardtail Gibson Les Paul guitars didn't appear in any Gibson catalog and were offered to special dealers only as far as I know. They are those on the far right and far left on this picture, with two of their sisters next and an Epiphone 1960 Tribute Plus in the middle:

j8ax.jpg

I put Schaller Strap Locks on all of them.

At the far right there is the Custom Shop Standard Figured first mentioned in my post, flame top in this case, finished Translucent Orange. The body specifications are those of the Class 5 models which means 17-hole "Swiss cheese" weight relief in particular. One of the pics below shows the damage on the top near the lower strap button.

I swapped the Top Hat knobs for Speed Knobs like with all my guitars.

mriy.jpg

4u6n.jpg

xlcr.jpg

qnl2.jpg

The second one shown below is the 2011 Gibson USA Standard Quilt far left on the first photo with a Regal Purple stained top, featuring Burstbuckers 1 & 2 with coil split through push/pull volume pots. It seems to be a prototype Modern Weight relieved guitar which predated the Standard 2012 production, but this small run was sold obviously after the release of the 2012 Standard model.

I also replaced the Top Hats with Speed Knobs here and the stock tailpiece with a TP-6.

6p5b.jpg

nbya.jpg

c00h.jpg

y50n.jpg

Archived