Gibson Brands Forums

NGD :)

btoth76

Hello Bence,

you're welcome. I love my L6S guitars, just shared with you when you asked me about them, so no problem at all. [thumbup]

I am glad you are pleased with it, and I was even more pleased after the small modification of the 2nd tone control with great effect. I performed that on both of my 2011 L6S in early June, 2013. It took me no additional or different parts - I simply rewired some connections just using the stock wires, too. B)

I think the easy feeling of the strings is supported by the long distance between bridge and tailpiece and the shallow break angle of the strings across the bridge. I play .011" - .050" roundwounds on mine like on all my hardtail solidbodies.

Cheers,

capmaster

Hi Bence, thanks for the info in your posts. It made good reading.

I was interested to note that you feel the guitar would suit soloists. I remember both Santana and Mike Oldfield were fans of the originals so I believe you are right in your opinion.

And, like Cap, I suspect you will soon get used to the 6-way selector. As Cap says it will become second nature and will probably be slicker that operating one toggle and a push-pull eventually.

Great to hear you're so pleased with thew new girl!

[thumbup]

P.

I just fell into this thread this morning and marvelled at the coincidence... [thumbup]

I was noodling around on a Roland Cube with it's delightful chorus and delay

And got my L6-S out for the first time in a few months...

Silverburst and also from GuitarGuitar... [thumbup]

What a great guitar...!!

The rotary switch is a gas and the ergonomics etc very acceptable

I like slightly 'off the wall' guitars with quality DNA

Like my other 'interesting' purchase...an ES335-S...

Also an excellent instrument...solid maple+Burstbuckers (oh yes indeed!!)...

The L6-S came about from the Santana connection

And the ES335-S just looked irresistible and complements my ES335 and ES330 to a 'T'... :blink:

Be Bold... :-({|=

V

<_<

Thank You Pippy!

Hello V!

I understand You. :) I feel the same way: I like instruments that are a bit off the sight: L6-S, L5-S, S-1 and other much-hated Norlin-era creations.

I also share Your interest in those weird (pardon me! :)) ones: the solid 335, and - recently - the ES-139 caught my attention too.

A pair of snaps, and I stop defibrillating this thread :) :

HPIM4372_zps49f969f2.jpg

Silver and gold.

HPIM4369_zps48069a1f.jpg

Cheers... Bence

Thank You very much, Dave!

Indeed, it has very useful tone variations. To my biggest surprise, the 490/498s sound great in the coil-tapped mode.

It is my first Gibson I prefer to play with the bridge pickup on. I play with the neck pickup on most of the time on all my LPs. The bridge unit is very well balanced on the L6S. Sounds perfect regardless in which register of the fretboard I play.

Cheers... Bence

Agree! At least they've put a small volute on it. A feature I like (and many hate).

Cheers... Bence

Really? Perhaps I don't remember it, haven't seen my Silverburst L6S since June, 8th, so I think I will have to look for that when I will fetch her back from nut repair. My Antique Natural one does not have a volute.

Hello Bence,

now I can confirm that the Silverburst finished L6S of mine has a neck volute, too. This is interesting since my Antique Natural one does have none, and I can't remember to have seen a volute on three more Antique Natural finished ones I got to know. My 1973 L6-S with Natural finish has a volute.

Cheers,

capmaster

Archived