Gibson Brands Forums

Unwanted Buzzzing

Del Nilppeznaf

Having problems with the J35 lately. Since restring couple of weeks ago Im getting unwanted buzzing noises coming from sound hole..seems like near bridge inside.

first it was a very bad case with the low E... I restrung and it disappeared only to return again... I am guessing it is something to do with the installed pup

i restrung again...and had to move one of the wires around inside..something i do not like doing...a wire is held to the actual top of the guitar with a metal clip..really near the bridge... moving this slightly (the wire only) alleviated the problem

Now Im getting the same thing on a fretted C note..and D...aawwwww... it is driving me crazy...have had to stop playing and leave it till tomorrow i think

I will restring completely with new set of strings... but I dont like moving them bloody wires around

Any advice ?

Did you restring with the same gauge of strings? Make sure the ball ends are seated up tight against the bridge pins. You might also check to make sure the truss rod cover screws are tight. I had a loose screw once (let the jokes begin/LOL) and it caused a buzz that sounded like it was coming from several different places. Good luck. I hate buzzing.

I took care of buzzing from pup in my new J 35... I removed it . In all my years playing acoustics I never have plugged in and since I'm turning 60 I doubt I ever will. Also my J 35;needed a slight truss rod adjustment I could not find anything in my tool box that fit so I had to order a wrench.. The J 35 plays sweet now with out a buzz.

My J-35 came down with a buzz just like you described soon after I got it. Adjusting the wires to make sure they were not vibrating against the top and tightening the end pin jack solved the problem. Then after stinging up with GHS vintage bronze .13-.56 I got some fret buzzing. Loosening the truss not even a quarter turn fixed that.

Erik

Wasn't there a renegade thread stating the saddles on J35s were too low? Now an E string buzzing! Where will it end?

I guess DelNips string buzz would represent a QC issue of o.oooooooo1 %. Unacceptable.

I had a buzz - it was my bridge plate. Had to go back to my Orthodentist 4 times. Apparently it was all in my head.

Wow. Slow news day.

WELL ??!!

Did you fix it?

I hate these unfinished threads

haha

it seems to have disappeared again for now...havent restrung as of yet..but will have alook at the pup when she has no string on.

i tell what tho...i got a cheap hydrometer... and at present its reading 63 RH... not good really... had a new heating sysytem fitted in house.. just finished yesterday..and hdro out today..so hopefully it will drop... but the J35 doesnt like these changes in temp and humidity it seems . [unsure]

haha

it seems to have disappeared again for now...havent restrung as of yet..but will have alook at the pup when she has no string on.

i tell what tho...i got a cheap hydrometer... and at present its reading 63 RH... not good really... had a new heating sysytem fitted in house.. just finished yesterday..and hdro out today..so hopefully it will drop... but the J35 doesnt like these changes in temp and humidity it seems . [unsure]

A new heating system ? You mean you're not using peat !!!

Archived