Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Sherry II-Script Headstock

mrfresh

Hello All,

I know this has been a topic on the board (at least when I last logged in back in 2011), but I haven't been able to gather any more information. Attached is the picture of my Sheraton II's headstock. I bought this guitar a few years ago and I'm the third owner. She plays lovely, but is it true that this model was made in Korea and is only 1 of 50 manufactured? When I bought it from the previous owner, the serial number was missing (the tape residue from the sticker on the back of the neck is still there) and there doesnt appear to be another s/n anywhere else. Anyone have any clue?

Thanks!

Fresh!

post-30548-045598300 1385006949_thumb.jpg

Been a while since your last visit mrfresh! Welcome back.

I'm not a good source of all things Epi, so no info here, but I'm sure others will come along and help.

It might help to see the rest of the guitar if you have a picture you can post.

The Epiphone by Gibson branding was used from 1986-1988. There were plenty more than 50 of any model produced with that logo. The logo increases the desirablility a little bit, but they arent really all that uncommon, even if only produced for a few years.

Thanks for the reply! I've seen tons of the Epiphone by Gibson head stock logos, but much fewer of the ones that like mine. I'll be checking out your wiki, I didn't know it existed. Thanks for the link!

welcome back !

if you go a few pages back in this forum, or maybe the search engine, there is an "Epi By Gibson" headstock Sheri owners "club".

edit: found it!

it's on pg.2 of the Epi Electric forum....about half-way down the page.

Thanks for the welcoming back, much appreciated....and thanks for the pointer to the thread, I'm on my way! :)

Been a while since your last visit mrfresh! Welcome back.

I'm not a good source of all things Epi, so no info here, but I'm sure others will come along and help.

It might help to see the rest of the guitar if you have a picture you can post.

Hi Gordy....Thanks for the welcome back! Here's a pic I just took. Thanks in advance to anyone else who chimes in. I wish the S/N wasnt gone, as that would answer my questions, I'm sure :)

post-30548-047210200 1385082415_thumb.png

Thanks for the reply! I've seen tons of the Epiphone by Gibson head stock logos, but much fewer of the ones that like mine. I'll be checking out your wiki, I didn't know it existed. Thanks for the link!

I cant say how many were made with that particular E by G logo, but I believe it is from early in the run. There were three different Epiphone by Gibson font combinations that I am aware of - two of them being early model logos, IIRC.

Archived