Gibson Brands Forums

Bloddy Ell,, Pythons are back

quapman

Guest Farnsbarns

What!? Oh... ......... peace!, yes........ ..SHUT UP!!

I am a poor man. My sight is poor. My legs are old and bent, and...

That's probably enough of that. And now for something completely different....

Otters noses!?!?

Guest Farnsbarns

Because of this...

I am including a short repartee in my set...

To whit...an instrumental hit from around 1970...

Picture a very tall lady selling icecream in a cinema(actually a bloke in drag)

To introduce

Albatross...

V

:-({|=

What flavour is it?

Monty Python is an important memory event in my life.

I saw Holy Grail in Witchita Falls Texas in late 1974 (or maybe early 75) when I was 14. I was visiting my brother at the Air Force base and had been listening to what was then a new album by a new (new to us American teenagers) British band called Queen - Sheer heart attack. I remember the incident well because the album and the movie became classics. The theater was maybe 1/4 full. I busted a gut laughing so hard. I was the only one in the theater laughing and people were looking at me to the point where I was embarrassed. I think they thought I was from Mars.

Funny because I love British humor (note Yank spelling) whereas a number of my countrymen don't like it at all. [scared] Their loss I reckon.

Funny because I love British humor (note Yank spelling) whereas a number of my countrymen don't like it at all. [scared] Their loss I reckon.

Tis indeed their loss Tman and you are forgiven the odd American spelling of "humour" as a token of your recognition!

Tis indeed their loss Tman and you are forgiven the odd American spelling of "humour" as a token of your recognition!

Much obliged!

Right after my post, out of the blue, I received a call from my good buddy from Monmouth who was sipping wine in London and wanted to talk about work stuff and I mentioned this subject and thread. He was concerned about any comeback being afraid that young people enjoying it would be the litmus test, not a bunch of getting older middle agers like he and I who are bound to like it because of nostalgia's sake.

He thinks their brilliance owes to the period of the 70's and the state of the planet back then. I thought their brilliance was more time insensitive and really has to do with not taking one's self too seriously. That's what I loved about it.

Archived