Gibson Brands Forums

Does Daddario make Gibson Masterbuilt strings?

The dman

Masterbuilts PB are harder to get locally than other strings and I was wondering if these are sold sold under the Daddario name and called something else ? I thought I read that they were made by Daddario

They're still wound by D'Addario, AFAIK -- that's subject to change -- but the strings should be exactly the same no matter who winds them. They're not available under any other name. D'Addario's just one of many third-party suppliers of parts to Gibson -- Gibson defines the specs and whoever can manufacture the parts to spec at the best price gets the job of doing so. Pretty much the same as any other manufacturing operation.

-- Bob R

They're still wound by D'Addario, AFAIK -- that's subject to change -- but the strings should be exactly the same no matter who winds them. They're not available under any other name. D'Addario's just one of many third-party suppliers of parts to Gibson -- Gibson defines the specs and whoever can manufacture the parts to spec at the best price gets the job of doing so. Pretty much the same as any other manufacturing operation.

-- Bob R

Good info Thanks

Archived