Gibson Brands Forums

Adveritising yelling at us, 24/7...especially, on the web!

charlie brown

I know, that advertising pays the bills, BUT...

I've noticed, more and more, a steady increase in these "windows" that shout some

advertising/commercials, at you...even if you're just trying to find something.

It's bad enough, on TV (which is ONE reason, I don't have it, except to view DVD's),

but...to have to listen to it, or bother to at least turn down the volume, on all

these web pages, YouTube or otherwise, is really aggravating! [cursing][tongue]:rolleyes:

CB

No your not the only one pi$$ed about it CB.

I can't stand in your face advertizing, which is everywhere these days.

Nothing you can do about it except move out to the bush and sever all form of communication.

Not an option for me so I block it best I can.

I pvr 90% of television I watch so I can click through the crap.

I have pop up blockers and ad blockers enabled so all I see are blank windows off to the side.

I NEVER like anything on facebook and avoid even using it unless I plan to message a friend.

If the youtube video I pick doesn't have the "skip" option after 5 seconds I kill the volume, push the window off to the side

and do something else for 30 seconds.

Music in my vehicle is predominantly CDs,, very little radio unless I need road or weather reports.

And I don't read bulletin boards along the road,, purely out of spite... lol.

And when I have to deal with annoying sales people in person I stop them dead in their tracks and tell them

up front, I will tell you want I want, and you will tell me if you have it. No more, no less.

Mmmmm,, can you tell you are not the only one annoyed at the barrage of annoying marketing/sales techniques

which are seemingly inescapable???

I am a sales/marketing nightmare,, very little of their efforts ever reach me.

That said, the odd one gets through that I absolutely love,,, the "I shipped my pants" promo was brilliant.

If more advertising were actually entertaining I wouldn't be as annoyed.

I was just watching an older Anderton's demo, on the 2011 SG's,

and they've (whoever "they" are??) now stuck 4 advertising marks,

within the one video! [scared] I.E.this one video has a commerical,

at the beginning, and NOW, 3 other commerical interruptions,

within the video itself! [cursing] This Shite [cursing] is

getting totally out of control! [thumbdn] [thumbdn] [thumbdn][cursing] [cursing] [cursing]

CB

I was just watching an older Anderton's demo, on the 2011 SG's,

and they've (whoever "they" are??) now stuck 4 advertising marks,

within the one video! [scared] I.E.this one video has a commerical,

at the beginning, and NOW, 3 other commerical interruptions,

within the video itself! [cursing] This Shite [cursing] is

getting totally out of control! [thumbdn] [thumbdn] [thumbdn][cursing] [cursing] [cursing]

CB

Between utube commercials and ads at CC in the middle of Jon Stewart vids, I'm slowly but surely being weened off internet vids altogether.

Now Anderton's? Thanks for the warning.

Between utube commercials and ads at CC in the middle of Jon Stewart vids, I'm slowly but surely being weened off internet vids altogether.

Now Anderton's? Thanks for the warning.

Yeah, you can now see the short yellow "ad mark" break indicators, in the red (timing) bar,

at the bottom of the video screen. I can't and won't speak for other folks, but all

this advertising (generally) has the opposite effect (on me), that they've obviously

hoped for, or intended! I will shop Less, not more, because of it! Of course, I tend

to shop only for things I either truly "need," or...something I truly "want," as opposed

to the advertising/marketing people's "wet dream" of spontaneous, or impulsive spending.

A little, reasonable adverstising, is fine, and to be expected. But, this constant, in

your face approach, where the volume is 50%, or more, louder than the actual program or

movie (whatever) you're trying to view, seems almost counterproductive...at least, it is,

with me. [angry]

Even my guitar shopping, is based on what I've always wanted, but either didn't have

the money for, previously, or they werent' making that model for awhile. And, I don't

need "commericals" for that...I/We get enough "G.A.S." from this forum, alone! LOL [biggrin]

CB

Archived