Gibson Brands Forums

Hbird Standard Clip

JuanCarlosVejar

sounds pretty good, especially when strummed.

I really think Gibson should rename that finish. There isn't a hint of Cherry anywhere in that burst.

I agree. I really do not care for this lemon burst color. When I get a Hummingbird, I want it to be a real cherry burst! My brother has one and it is gorgeous.

sounds pretty good, especially when strummed.

I agree. I really do not care for this lemon burst color. When I get a Hummingbird, I want it to be a real cherry burst! My brother has one and it is gorgeous.

I agree, the Gibson Hummingbird guitar is great, the Mahogany looks and sounds delicious, but the lemon brown finish, a real turn off. IMHO I find the actual cherry burst much more appealing and attractive over all. I'll stick with my cherry burst Epi Hummingbird for now, at least until the color changes back.

If they dropped the red cheesy guard on this model and went with a black n gold job seen on others and darkened the sides, back and neck it would look amazing. With the hues of the stains & paints chosen it's the guard that does the guitar no favours.

I have no real love for the cherry burst originals. I thought the Joplin one was very unspectacular. Despite trying to buy one several times and always ending up with a different model I guess I'm just not a hummingbird guy.

If they dropped the red cheesy guard on this model and went with a black n gold job seen on others and darkened the sides, back and neck it would look amazing. With the hues of the stains & paints chosen it's the guard that does the guitar no favours.

I have no real love for the cherry burst originals. I thought the Joplin one was very unspectacular. Despite trying to buy one several times and always ending up with a different model I guess I'm just not a hummingbird guy.

Ah, how can you not like this burst PM .... its impossible not to like this burst, impossible I tell ya ! :rolleyes:

But I dont like the honey burst so much, and didnt think that sample sounded that great. I really hear a massive difference between the standard and true vintage Hummingbird.

Probably more than any other standard / TV Gibson model.

IMG_4075.jpg

I like the amber/orange colored burst they are using now on Hummingbirds. It's a very attractive finish. It is very, very different from the color of this model when it was introduced. It was really red then, parts of it candy apple red. Both styles are pretty nice, in my view.

Ah, how can you not like this burst PM .... its impossible not to like this burst, impossible I tell ya ! :rolleyes:

But I dont like the honey burst so much, and didnt think that sample sounded that great. I really hear a massive difference between the standard and true vintage Hummingbird.

Probably more than any other standard / TV Gibson model.

IMG_4075.jpg

I agree 100%, EA. I bought and sold two standard HB's because they just sounded OK to me. When I first played my HB TV, I knew this was the sound I was looking for.... [thumbup]

I don't understand the Heritage Cherryburst either. To me it looked like some of the 60's Cherryburst j45's where the cherry had left the burst (or an attempt at recreating that) leaving it looking almost like a natural top. It is not my preference, I like the 'burst EA has on his.

I agree with you A ... some of those 60's J 45's and B 25's are really sweet though =) .

I like the finish on the standard hummingbird but they should call it a heritage honey burst instead of heritage cherry burst ... the really deep 60's red finish is referred to as vintage cherry burst

JC

Archived