Gibson Brands Forums

Light Up Night!

cookieman15061

Man, wicked cold last night! There is an art to playing while covered in snow but had a great time even if I couldn't feel my fingers after the second song.

Some pics my daughter took.

IMG_0679_zps2658d3cd.jpg

IMG_0681_zps67da4084.jpg

IMG_0684_zpsc6e23445.jpg

Did you end up getting any checking in the finish of that guitar playing in that cold?

I'm with Jax... the more the wrinkles - okay, canyons - on the face, the less inclines I am to even think about playing an outdoor winter gig. Been there, don't care for it much. <grin>

Glad the gig went well, though. Neat pix.

m

Did you end up getting any checking in the finish of that guitar playing in that cold?

No checking as far as I can see. Held up real well under not ideal conditions. My fingers just froze all night and was so difficult to feel the fretboard.

I flubbed the beginning of my solo to "Come Home For Christmas". Just couldn't feel the strings.

I feel for you bro. I once did an outside gig for a Bonfire night party. It was only early November but below freezing. My fingers could have fallen off and I wouldn't have noticed - was pretty difficult to play properly! The bass player got away with because he could wear fingerless gloves. We got invited to do it again the next year but declined.....

Another "fun" gig this time of year is a hay ride - although they've kinda gotten lost as rural America gives way to the urban.

Usta get kinda chilly playing guitar for singing while the couples burrowed into the hay. <grin.

m

Archived