Gibson Brands Forums

Going to Andertons - NGD!

AndyK

...be back later..! [cool]

Lol.. good luck... The interest free thing is scary.. While I was working I at one point had three on the go lol.. Its just too easy, when I was doing it you didn't even have to put anything down up front, you literally walk out without paying anything (well for the first month anyway).

Andertons are OK I guess... [unsure]

Great video demos and apparent good deals available...

Personally moi never carries money or plastic unless I know what I came for... :blink:

Too tempting to splash out on the spur of the moment...

The UK...and elsewhere...is still re-adjusting to the 'spend,spend,spend' ethos

Engendered by low interest rates and irresponsible banks... :-({|=

Guitars are just too attractive for their own good(and they smell good too)...

Hope this helps... +:-@

V... :-({|=

<_<

Hmmmm, 2013 SG Standard, in Natural Burst? Just a guess...

CB

Hehe! Sure is! More terrible photos by yours truly...

okp1.jpg

r8ct.jpg

It's what I went for, but I also tried the Standard cherry and the Angus signature. Although the cherry was beautiful, and with a lovely grain, the natural burst sounded nicer. The Angus signature was a strange beast - incredibly narrow neck - apparently, Angus is only 4' 3" tall and has small hands. [biggrin] The other differences were the lightning bolt inlays (tacky) and the witches hat knobs. Sound-wise, it was not as bright. This is the 4th SG I've had, and I'm very pleased with it. It has a beautiful 60s neck (which is what first pricked my interest), and of course, super-growly humbuckers. I haven't weighed her yet (it seemed a little rude to ask the lady's weight on a first date), but she is noticeably lighter than my Firebird.

I will definitely be using her on our band's first gig - Friday 13th December (the omens are good)!

And she's called Sophie... :rolleyes:

Hehe! Sure is! More terrible photos by yours truly...

okp1.jpg

r8ct.jpg

It's what I went for, but I also tried the Standard cherry and the Angus signature. Although the cherry was beautiful, and with a lovely grain, the natural burst sounded nicer. The Angus signature was a strange beast - incredibly narrow neck - apparently, Angus is only 4' 3" tall and has small hands. [biggrin] The other differences were the lightning bolt inlays (tacky) and the witches hat knobs. Sound-wise, it was not as bright. This is the 4th SG I've had, and I'm very pleased with it. It has a beautiful 60s neck (which is what first pricked my interest), and of course, super-growly humbuckers. I haven't weighed her yet (it seemed a little rude to ask the lady's weight on a first date), but she is noticeably lighter than my Firebird.

I will definitely be using her on our band's first gig - Friday 13th December (the omens are good)!

And she's called Sophie... :rolleyes:

Well, Andy...I'll forego the "Jelly Babies," so you can eat a pack, for me.

I can't eat sugar (diabetic), anyway! [biggrin]

Still, congratulations, on an awesome SG! "Sophie," looks right at home, with that Marshall

cabinet! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

Crap, maybe she should be called Carrie. I went to move the bathroom scales in order to weigh her, just caught the edge of them on something and they shattered into a thousand glass fragments, cutting my thumb and a finger. Practise over for tonight. :(

Crap, maybe she should be called Carrie. I went to move the bathroom scales in order to weigh her, just caught the edge of them on something and they shattered into a thousand glass fragments, cutting my thumb and a finger. Practise over for tonight. :(

It's probably the karma of many jealous forum members who didn't get to go to Andertons...

Seriously though, hope everything is ok and the injury isn't too serious.

Careful, Andy...you know what happens to guitars, when their owners

get "drunk!" They mate with an Telecaster, and have a mean *** ukulele! [flapper][biggrin]

CB

I DID NOT know this.

This is GOOD info,,

Gosh I love this place..

congrats on the new SG Andy,,, Rock on brutha

Archived