Gibson Brands Forums

"tis better to GIVE than RECEIVE" ?

Aster1

So what do you think guys? It's almost Christmas & I'm giving my Dentist a new TV Bird. Why you may ask?

Well, the equivalent of the cost of me getting a TV Bird anyway. Need two root canals & 2 crowns and that there is over $4000.00 [scared] Dang it anyway. There goes all my "sock money" for the next 6 months for sure. If anyone thinks that guitars are too high priced then $2300 for 2 crowns (material only) that cost the Dentist maybe under $100 is really some good margin. I'm lucky if I can mark up materials 25%-30% on our goods at work.

If only I had Obama Care then this would be affordable (like only giving the Dentist an Epi Hummingbird for $300) :rolleyes:

That's what we need: The Affordable Guitar Act AGA for short. We could get Gibby's for say $500. [biggrin]

Aster

Well, let's see. In June I gave my dentist $2700 for extractions, my denturist $1330 for immediates, another $160 for temporary relines in September, and on December 18th I'll be giving him $560 for permanent relines.

I hear ya, bro.

But I got some pretty choppers now. I can smile. And I can laugh without hiding my mouth with my hand.

KS...

Yeah definitely to all the good side, but as I was getting my first set of storeboughts a friend in the next "chair" in the dentists' office warned me of one thing always to remember.

If you're gonna barf, take 'em out first or you're gonna end up goin' fishin'.

<grin>

m

KS...

Yeah definitely to all the good side, but as I was getting my first set of storeboughts a friend in the next "chair" in the dentists' office warned me of one thing always to remember.

<grin>

m

words of wisdom... I love this place

Heard from a friend that their funace/ac unit just broke in the 12 degree weekend. That's about $4k as well. I told him which would he rather spend 4k on a new HVAC system or 2 root canals & 2 crowns he decided he had the pick of the litter. [biggrin]

Always trying to help my brothers in trouble out. :rolleyes:

Aster

Milo, that is hysterical!

My best friend is a dentist and I have pretty good coverage. But if I ever need serious work done on my teeth, I'd fly out to Scottsdale and have him do it anyways. My deductible would cover the flight so it would be worth it for me.

KS...

<grin>

m

Another word of advice, don't take 'em out and put them where your dog can use them as a chew toy! Happened to my mom a while back. It *WAS* kind of funny to watch the dog chewing on them, though.

Actually in ways "they" had been telling me to give up on the originals by the time I was just turning 21 and trying to get into a Navy flight program. That may tell you about the fun through the years with the choppers.

I had the advantage of a very good bunch of dentist-friends. No big breaks in the price tag, but they did things that made things work better when I got the new choppers. E.g., it came as one of the dental team's brothers was getting married in Seoul. So... I had the tops removed one day, the next day I drove myself to "the big town" where their storebought teeth dentist has his main office and he took the bottoms. Any other dentists would have made me have somebody else drive, etc., etc. Silly.

As for takin' 'em out and lettin' the dog get at 'em - won't happen. No dogs.

m

Well I'm a just hope'n to keep those two with the RC's & Crowns on them. Maybe I should check with the Dr's and see if they want to work out trades for there work for my work (technology & theater toys for the home). Couldn't hurt to do some horse trade'n and save the out of pocket expense I always say.

Aster

Although I absolutely hate going to the dentist, I am very fortunate. My cousin (who is more like my sister) is my dentist. I never get charged beyond what my insurance covers. And she is one of the best there is. She teaches other dentists. Goes from Montreal, Canada to Las Vegas, USA to teach every 6 weeks or so. She has one client that comes over from France to see her. Plus some NHL hockey players (No shortage of work there).

Dave

Just didn't have a good feeling with the dentist I had seen (mine had retired and was looking for a new one). Went to a new Dentist today and he believes only one root canal & cap & one molar cavity fill job. Also, I had decided to go to an Endontist that does ONLY Root Canals. The new Dentist (that I'm staying with now) said he's the best for sure. And that he comes to them for his dental work too, so they must be pretty dang good too.

I feel much more at ease. Will get the R.C. done Monday and then crowns Jan 2nd, because of insurance running low for the year after the wisdom teeth surgery I had this last May. [thumbup]

For me, not having what's going to be done & how is the scary part. The engineer in me wants to know the plan, process, and detail to be comfortable with the situation. Then go get it over with. Today, they were VERY good at all that & even though not doing the R.Can work, took the time to explain and detail what would go on. That was excellent professional client communications to me anyway.

Thanks for the info. It should be smooth sailing and they may even be better crowns for less money. Dang, we may be down to just a Standard J-45 or a Hummingbird and not the TV's now!!! YeeeHaww. Seed money left in the sock. Now that's cause for a great THANKSGIVING!!! [biggrin]

Aster

Archived