Gibson Brands Forums

Location, Location, Location

fortyearspickn

I've noticed frequently folks here will ask for help on something that would be easier answered if those being asked knew where the OP was from. Where can I find a 5 star dealer close by? A luthier? Sometimes it isn't even clear what country a poster is from. I'm not sure if it is out of a fear of being tracked down, Internet fraud phobias or belonging to Witness Protection, but for those of you all not thus afflicted, why not take 2 minutes and update your profile so everyone here knows where you are from. No prizes awarded for cutesy locations like Emerald City, Hobbitville, Atlantis and 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. thank you for your consideration.

It does in a sense that there are regional perspectives around all of us that have something to do with our musical as well as general experience.

m

Well, Rabbit Hash Ky. is just across the river and maybe 9 miles down stream from Cincinnati's downtown. But, the two names would certainly fool one as to culture and general experience, no?

Well, Rabbit Hash Ky. is just across the river and maybe 9 miles down stream from Cincinnati's downtown. But, the two names would certainly fool one as to culture and general experience, no?

Hallgroper, that also puts you about 3 1/2 hours north of the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Renfro Valley. I spent a couple hours there some years back, and it's a stop worth making. I'm sure there must have been a few Gibson's among the displays, but I don't remember much specifically--except that a lot of well-known musicians have a Kentucky association.

Shades of Walter Mitty! I guess a few of us like to come across as being mysterious.

But, Thanks! to all of you who have added a good location in your profile.

I am especially gratified no one stooped to using "Uranus"!

fortyyearspickin - Was the Walter Mitty reference directed my way? If so, thank you!

Archived