Gibson Brands Forums

1962 Anniversary Sheraton - sounds

Skyline_UK

The protective packaging that Epiphone uses is insufficient to prevent damage. I don't know why they continue use that thin Styrofoam pad at the head and tail end inside of the packing box. It disintegrates and isn't thick enough to prevent shipping damage. Epiphone also uses a more "rubbery" type of cushion around the pickup selector switch. It absorbs shock better and doesn't fall apart leaving small Styrofoam beads everywhere. Really Epiphone, you should look at your packing methods as another quality observation and concern to be fixed. Nice guitars need to remain nice while being moved worldwide, or across town.

Glad you found it interesting.

Yes, it always strikes me as odd that guitar companies haven't picked up on what others have found (Amazon, the grocery industry, etc.), i.e. you can greatly reduce overall costs by aiming to eliminate returns and damage claims with the use of modern packaging materials and techniques.

I've now got the guitar back from my local technician and it now plays beautifully! I'm going to try and make a short sounds video this week.

John

Archived