Gibson Brands Forums

Just grabbed a new amp

Dub-T-123

photo_zpsfa8e19e7.jpg

I just grabbed this thing for practicing in my room and testing out my pedal builds while my ac30 is at the practice space. The 4w setting sounds surprisingly great! Really nice clean sounds and it gets way more distorted than I actually need.

Should be lots of fun to play around with and maybe try out different tubes

photo_zpsfa8e19e7.jpg

I just grabbed this thing for practicing in my room and testing out my pedal builds while my ac30 is at the practice space. The 4w setting sounds surprisingly great! Really nice clean sounds and it gets way more distorted than I actually need.

Should be lots of fun to play around with and maybe try out different tubes

Sweet! I love theses little guys :) Then again... I like just about anything from Vox :) I just own an AC-15 though. [thumbup]

Our pal Jeff-7 has the handwired ac30 and he seems to love it.

Dunno who's tried the handwired ac4 though.

I'm really enjoying the way this amp sounds with my Telecaster

Cool! Yeah I meant like a HW 15 or 30.

I can imagine! I love playing my LP Jr through my 15... the cleans are unreal!

What, this? :D

ac30reardisassemble1.jpg

Gratz on the AC4 Dub! Always wanted to try one of those.

Oooooooh. Now that's what an amp is supposed to look like on the inside! [thumbup] Bet it sounds amazing too.

Yeah - this is the traditional kind of SMD technique! [biggrin]

Nice little amp, and for sure a matching mate for the Tele lurking right hand side on the pic! [thumbup]

You spotted it! Sounds great with the FZ-1 and AD-9 too :D

I love these little vox's. My housemate from last year had the head and cab version. I swapped out the ruby's that came with it and put in jj's and we found it to improve the sound even more

I put some JJs in my ac30 and got really great results. It would certainly be cheap enough to throw some in here too

Jeff's is an ac30, not a 15.

My ac30 sounds deeper with more clean headroom compared to my ac15, though neither of mine are the hand wired versions.

I imagine that the main difference between the hand wired models and the C or CC models are that the hand wired ones will probably sound darker like the original amps, while the C and CC have some added high end to fit most people's conception of VOX tone

Jeff's is an ac30, not a 15.

My ac30 sounds deeper with more clean headroom compared to my ac15, though neither of mine are the hand wired versions.

I imagine that the main difference between the hand wired models and the C or CC models are that the hand wired ones will probably sound darker like the original amps, while the C and CC have some added high end to fit most people's conception of VOX tone

Yeah, I meant a normal AC-30 [unsure][tongue] My Vox tone is so warm... yes it has "chime" but it isn't bright at all (like how most people always seem to talk about them)

The little Vox tube amps are really great sounding amps and aren't the flimsy beginner "toys" that a lot of mini amps are-they are just oozing tone.I have a little Mini 3 for a practice amp and for a S.S. modeling amp it can put out some serious tone-even from the dinky little 6" speaker.I also have a Vox Pathfinder 15R and for a S.S. amp it too sounds remarkably tube like.I'm hoping to pick up one of the 4-5 W combos or heads that Vox makes some time in the New Year,because they sound too cool to pass up.

BTW: Way back in this thread someone asked if anyone had tried a Handwired model.Forum member and one time band mate Tear bought an AC-15 Hand Wired a few months back and he can't say enough good about it.He says that as good as the AC-15s are,the HW models are just plain spectacular and blow the regular production models out of the water.

Archived