Gibson Brands Forums

Sg 61 Reissue

sellen

Hadn't played My 61' reissue 2007 for a while. Took it out, new strings and cleaned her up.In Love Again.

Some Picks

The bevelings are a tad nicer on the Original, but i think it's ok as this. Guess that bevelings on the 61 reissue got better around 2010-12. As i seen on picks around 2000 also looks pretty good on the bevelings. Mid 2000 got like mine a bit smaller bevelings. All the way back to the 80's you can see a slightly diffrent shape in the beveling through the years. I think That's pretty cool

006_zps48b40f38.jpg

Love the Rosewood on this one

010_zpsa285fd2b.jpg

Dude, I know all this talk about the 61 Les Paul SG is making you GAS big time. You should just get one. Anyways, here's my 2012 SG61:

11100728064_e9803c8f04_b.jpg

Very nice SG61 [thumbup]

Yea i really like that new 61 les paul Sg [drool]

BTW i noticed that the headstock is wider on the 61SG vs Sg Original, about 3-5 mm. Pickguard is a bit thicker to. Like you say in your NGD thread, the Original sounds a bit fuller. But my 61 Sg sounds pretty wicked with those BKP Rebel Yell pickups.

Very nice SG61 [thumbup]

BTW i noticed that the headstock is wider on the 61SG vs Sg Original, about 3-5 mm. Pickguard is a bit thicker to. Like you say in your NGD thread, the Original sounds a bit fuller. But my 61 Sg sounds pretty wicked with those BKP Rebel Yell pickups.

No doubt. These guitars are nice. I'm going to have to check on those measurements because everything looks about the same to me.

Very nice SG61 [thumbup]

You are right. The headstock on the SG61 is a little wider but I can't tell about the pick guard.

You are right. The headstock on the SG61 is a little wider but I can't tell about the pick guard.

Yea i think they use the same headstock as the Custom shop Sg's on the original.

The Wide SG 61 RI headstock is also on my Angus Sig, looks almost funny with that ultra sim neck.

The pickguard has a very noticeable difference between my SG original and 07 SG RI. Not that i care, i just noticed. They may gone to that thin pickguard on the 61 RI after '07

Yea i think they use the same headstock as the Custom shop Sg's on the original.

The Wide SG 61 RI headstock is also on my Angus Sig, looks almost funny with that ultra sim neck.

The pickguard has a very noticeable difference between my SG original and 07 SG RI. Not that i care, i just noticed. They may gone to that thin pickguard on the 61 RI after '07

My pick guard is at least 5 ply and is as thick as the ones on my SG Original and Les Paul SG.

Actually, the Custom Shop '61 versions, have a slightly more "squared" looking headstock,

without the more obvious "flare" at the top bout. No big deal (except to the historically

accurate fanatics), but that's the main difference, in the "Gibson USA" version's headstock,

and that of the Custom Shop. [biggrin]

CB

Actually, the Custom Shop '61 versions, have a slightly more "squared" looking headstock,

without the more obvious "flare" at the top bout. No big deal (except to the historically

accurate fanatics), but that's the main difference, in the "Gibson USA" version's headstock,

and that of the Custom Shop. [biggrin]

CB

You are right, they do not look alike at all [blush]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived