Gibson Brands Forums

Here is the Dark Fire Reset Procedure

spotrod

This is what I just received via email from Tronical. Haven't tried it yet though.

Here is the description for factory Default:

Reset to Factory Defaults

1. To enter Setup Mode, pull out the MCK and turn it to the "#b"

symbol in any Bank. Press the display until a pink "Enter" symbol is displayed, then release the MCK.

Now press down the MCK again until a cyan "Enter" symbol is displayed. You are now in Setup Mode. You will see a cyan “Enter” symbol and the ”b” LED will shine yellow as confirmation.

2. Rotate MCK until the number “1” is displayed. Momentary press causes the “1” to flash red—it has been entered.

3. Rotate MCK until the number “0” is displayed. Momentary press causes the “0” to flash red—it has been entered.

4. Rotate MCK until the number “9” is displayed. Momentary press causes the “9” to flash red—it has been entered.

5. Now rotate the MCK all the way counter-clockwise and give a momentary press. The “Enter” symbol flashes red and back to cyan. The selected Function Number will scroll across the Matrix Display in yellow. A red Question mark will appear.

6. Rotate MCK until the “Y” is displayed. Momentary press causes the “Y” to flash red—it has been entered.

7. Now rotate the MCK all the way counter-clockwise and give a momentary press. The “Enter” symbol flashes red and back to cyan. The selected Function Number will scroll across the Matrix Display.

Thanks for posting this.

I think most of us received a reply from Peter at Tronical today, with the Reset instructions detailed above. I updated the Unofficial Dark Fire Owners Manual. We are slowly getting more info.

Still need to determine how to program different EQ curves for the PEQ, and find the 18 "user" chameleon tone slots.

Spotrod

Thanks for the post about the reset procedure, not that I am able to try it out yet as I have not received my DF. What interests me though is that if Gibson expects people to figure out this tech for themselves I am totally stunned. Being an original Robot owner I can clearly see that even trying to compare this to its operation there is no way in a million years you are gonna work that one out for yourself.

I do not call that sequence of operations intuitive as the user interface for DF is being advertised!

Archived